LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lets see your nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not finished... but it should work well.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by litch2004
hey mike, sorry op for topic change, but what cage is that that you are running?
Wolfe 6pt bolt in fit is perfect!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks clean as hell. i know i dont need one right now for passing tech but i have been looking at them for safety reasons.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tricked94camaro
ok im gonna take a vote: Mallory vs MSD. GO!
I would go Mallory for the features. It was not available 10 years ago when I bought my MSD box and multi-step retard. Actually, I am planning on getting a Mallory 685 since I need a 2 step now. I can replace the 3 boxes I have now with 1.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

MSD Dig 6 here and staying that way. Only thing it doesnt have is the window switch but my N/O progressive controller does. After seeing and hearing about the 685 go bad a few times I went with the MSD dig 6+
Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Default N2O Setup

I am running a NX Kit adjustable from 100-250 single nozzle. It was CHEAP. I mounted the bottle and bracket on the hump between the rear seats and run braided line for the blow down tube. For the timing I'm running a MSD Digital 6 box. I haven't finished wiring it up but you get the idea. I'm probably gonna do that this weekend.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
MSD Dig 6 here and staying that way. Only thing it doesnt have is the window switch but my N/O progressive controller does. After seeing and hearing about the 685 go bad a few times I went with the MSD dig 6+
Good to know. I'll have to reconsider.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen WAAAYYYY more failures from MSD stuff than Mallory.

Do they both go bad? YES, they're electronics.

I'll tell you this though, and I'm not proud of it but my Mallory box has been mounted where the CAI used to be with ZIP TIES, and I just recently seen one of them had broke and box has been flopping around in there for over a year, in the snow, rain, ice, dust, summer heat, etc and it still works flawlessly.

People can have their brand biases and say what they want to but my Mallory box has been 10X more reliable than all my friends MSD stuff has been, and they treat theirs way better than me.

To each his own, but you will not find a more reliable box that has all the features of the Mallory for the price.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

yes maybe out of the billion MSD boxes there are some failures but from just what ive seen there are more Mallory failures. When they work they work great when they dont.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Junkie

yes maybe out of the billion MSD boxes there are some failures but from just what ive seen there are more Mallory failures. When they work they work great when they dont.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

x2
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everything has a failure rate, show me hard proof that Mallory has a worse track record than MSD.

Not just internet biased stuff that gets regurgitated from one person to the next, but actual proof.

I'm telling you from real world experience I have seen MSD boxes fail 3 times more than Mallory.

Not something I read on the internet, real world experience speaking.

It should also be noted that either company will repair the units if you send them in. At least I think MSD will, I know Mallory will. If it's warrantied it's free, if not just pay for what's wrong, not buy a whole new box.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to be running this NX Kit - http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=894

Question for you guys, would it be worth upgrading to a TB plate to run with this kit? would i see any gains over just using the nozzle in the kit?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah MSD charges like $50 tops (if it's not under warranty) to repair it. Doesn't matter what is wrong with it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Gregrob just ask Larry about his personal experience with the Mallory boxes. He had at least one go bad on his car maybe 2 and a few customers cars had issues with new units. This was in the last 2yrs. I have not read or seen any MSD failures in a long long time. Actually Ive never even heard of a dig 6 go bad, but have on the old 6al boxes.
Either way both are great when working.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Gregrob just ask Larry about his personal experience with the Mallory boxes. He had at least one go bad on his car maybe 2 and a few customers cars had issues with new units. This was in the last 2yrs. I have not read or seen any MSD failures in a long long time. Actually Ive never even heard of a dig 6 go bad, but have on the old 6al boxes.
Either way both are great when working.
Well, one if the failures was mine but my replacement had worked great...I like it being all in one. I need to move it though, its in my center console box and it gets pretty hot in there. Going to move it somewhere cooler.

Now on to my setup...Dave Plate

Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 AM
11 Second Club

Looks great^^ After seeing your car at the shootout I had to detail my entire engine bay.

I agree everything in one unit is great, but the Dig6 has everything the Mallory box has except the window switch. My progressive has that built in so either way I have the same amount of controllers even if I had a Mallory box. Like i said both are great when working, both suck when they dont lol
Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

where can i find those rubber sleeves that connect to the MAF ?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
Everything has a failure rate, show me hard proof that Mallory has a worse track record than MSD.

Not just internet biased stuff that gets regurgitated from one person to the next, but actual proof.

I'm telling you from real world experience I have seen MSD boxes fail 3 times more than Mallory.

Not something I read on the internet, real world experience speaking.
i read somewhere that msd boxes fail 3 times more than mallory......oh wait

seriously get over yourself. both are great products and its up to the person buying it to decide whether they want to get everything in one box, purchase add-ons as they go, or leave it as is
Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Looks great^^ After seeing your car at the shootout I had to detail my entire engine bay.

I agree everything in one unit is great, but the Dig6 has everything the Mallory box has except the window switch. My progressive has that built in so either way I have the same amount of controllers even if I had a Mallory box. Like i said both are great when working, both suck when they dont lol
LOL...thanks Mike! I heard that a lot at the shootout, even just sitting in the stand watching some racing.

I just think that if you can save the $125 for the window switch and have everything in one the Mallory is the way to go. Like I said the replacement works great.

When you spraying that car of yours?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Might hit the track this week. Wanted to go to the last RSD I just couldnt get my **** together in time. Had a trailer rented and everything.

Quick Reply: lets see your nitrous setup