LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Weird Throttle Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weird Throttle Problem

Ever since I've had this car there has been an intermittent issue with the throttle. Not exactly sure what it is. Sometimes when I go to drive the car the throttle seems to wanna stick. It used to always be about 2k rpm...if you gave the car just a little throttle and let off of it like in normal driving it would want to either raise to 2k rpm if you were under that or when the rpm would go down it would stick around 2k for a few seconds then slowly creep down to idle. Other times I can start the car and it will never do it then I could drive later in the day and it'll act up the entire time. Lately its been more than just 2k rpm sometimes itll shoot up to 2500 or 3000 and its just annoying. I'm thinking maybe iac? tps? Oh and i would have to give the gas pedal a flick almost like the tb is stuck or something when it would be stuck at 2k rpm...and when you were heavy on the gas and let off it would never do this either
Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say to start by monitoring the IAC counts when it occurs and check the TPS voltage. If you have a tune, there is also a "throttle follower" parameter that can affect this. I would lean more towards needing to adjust the TPS. Do you have an aftermarket throttle body on the car?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a stock throttle body as far as I know unless the previous owner did a new throttle body. I also have a street tune but I don't think anything was changed with the "throttle follower"...i'll start data logging the car when i go back home and pick up my cable so i can data log my car.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine does it when its cold, becuz its trying to warm up i guess...