LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Roadmaster LT1 Differences? Can it be used...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dherny
I am in the process of getting a motor changed over from a 1994 roadmaster and putting it in a 1994 firebird. All the books say it will not work but of course it will by changing all i have seen on the post plus the crankshaft sensor and bracket. They are not the same as the roadmaster. I has a guy doing this but he said he had a motor like mine but it was out of roadmaster so now i am in a lawsuit bc the hp is not the same and he also broke my manifold bolts and motor runs like crap. Not sure why that is unless something to do with wiring harness. Tranny also started slipping and don't know why that is either. Maybe if anyone has helpful hints let me know. I got a hint, stay away from Settlemires in corinth ms
Can someone translate this?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a manual transmission youll need the pilot bushing pressed into the back of the crank.

I find that the caprice/roadmaster/cadillac LT1s are pretty cheap at junk yards.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool old thread....
Old 06-18-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by damn
Too much trouble considering you can get yours rebuilt for around 2k bucks. Dont waste your time trying to make it work when it was never ment to go into a Camaro in the first place just rebuild your engine or find one that came from the same year as your car and save yourself the headache.
LoL The shortblock is the same minus the cam All you have to change is the accy stuff & water pump How hard is that Unless your Lazy The LT1 I got out of a caddy will interchange The cam is a hair smaller & the iron heads have a lil bigger chamber Hence the few points less compression IF it were mine Id buy a Rebuild kit & ARP it Then if you want more later you can use the original motor to go bigger & take the time to buy bullet proof parts IF **** was that much different then howd some WS6 & SS cars get LT4s lmao Itll interchange Lots of people been there done that
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
Cool old thread....
Didnt read the 1st page from 2010 guess someone dug up the dead instead of starting a new one lol its all good
Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Can someone translate this?
LoL I thought I was bad not using commas & periods Sounds like someones gettin sued over 10hp & broken bolts Maybe lol

Quick Reply: Roadmaster LT1 Differences? Can it be used...