LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ABS Delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010 | 02:16 AM
Launching!

Functionality wise, you won't feel a difference. Without getting too technical, a solenoid (line lock) holds brake pressure when active and acts as an open port during idle time...that is it. The valve is closed electrically using an electromagnet which the end result is holding brake pressure.

They both have large ports for efficient fluid flow. There can be variances between other brand manufactures as port flowing specs can vary. There will be a correlation between port size, spring tension, magnet strength and "holding" pressure. If a port is small, fluid flow will decrease and alter braking "feel". hmmm I guess I may be getting too technical now...lol

There can be a slight advantage to the Hurst style due to the heat vanes which can dissipate heat more efficiently. This could be noticed in extreme conditions say if you were using in on a Truck as a "hill holder" or leaving the unit on for extended periods of time. Heat is typically not a concern to a racer who uses it for cleaning/heating the tires.

Other than the heat vanes, it's more of an esthetic's choice in my opinion. I typically suggest using our style solenoid as its quite a bit less money. Both solenoids are extremely reliable. We've been using both styles with our kits since ~1995-6 actually. Both with VERY VERY little failure rates. Unless a valve happen to be DOA for some odd reason, offhand, I think maybe only a few have ever been replaced since the mid 90's.

We offer both styles for choices to the end user. Since our kits can be purchased without the solenoid, the kits are configured different for folks who may already own a Hurst, ours or other similar solenoid.
Old 12-09-2010 | 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

SJM FTW!!!

Quick Reply: ABS Delete