LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LT1-LT4 Modifications (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications-31/)
-   -   Give me an idea of... (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1361287-give-me-idea.html)

ws6t3rror 12-10-2010 09:55 PM

If you can do it, and you will stand behind your work 100%. I will take one of each perhaps more. I am not a fan of the cost of ls1 pcm tuning software or hardware, and I am the only one I trust to tune my junk. I don't need the higher rpm capabilities for what I want it to do. Just for sheer reliability and ease of use for me after 8 years of tuning mostly lt1's.

Wicked94Z 12-10-2010 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1961ba427 (Post 14219183)
I can almost guarantee one friend will be ready to buy as soon as it's ready. He had repeated opti failures a couple years back and I showed him DelTeq's website. He is not at all computer savy or an LT1 guru. Just owns and enjoys a 95 Z28...mostly for the T56. lol I recently had to tell him the $600+ ignition system I talked him into buying seems to be about obsolete since if he has a "brain" failure then it's junk because the company is dead or dormant. If your set-up is a one-man show deal and something happens to you (God forbid) will people who switched be in the same boat as DelTeq owners, or will service parts be something readily available??

I know 4 or 5 local people who would be interested as well.

There are minimal "proprietary" components to this system. It's bringing all the technologies together that will make this setup unique. I survived a few years in the army, and my fair share of "experience" in the middle east so lets hope I'll be alive and kicking for awhile :chug:

In all seriousness, yes I will have replacement parts available at very reasonable costs. The signal conditioners and pickups I will be using were not specifically developed for this type of application, but they are publicly available if one was to dig deep enough or know the right people. The brackets and reluctors could be replicated with the .cad files I have.

Trust me, I am not in this for making much money, just for compensation for the research, development and testing of this system. See it more as a solution to a long-standing problem, and a service to the LTx community.

Originally Posted by quik95lt1 (Post 14219899)
if u need any suggestions im a BSEE myself ;)....

PM me your phone number ;)

big_bird_93 12-10-2010 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z (Post 14222763)
Trust me, I am not in this for making much money, just for compensation for the research, development and testing of this system. See it more as a solution to a long-standing problem, and a service to the LTx community.

Good thing this isnt Facebook. I think you'd have a lot of people liking that statement. But really thats what this sport/lifestyle is all about. Hats off to you sir! :chug:

merim123 12-10-2010 11:32 PM

congrats for the creativity and getting this figured out, hope it works out!

1961ba427 12-16-2010 11:24 AM

Bump to keep this spotlighted.

Any new news? Any old news we haven't heard yet?

speedracer2536 12-16-2010 11:41 AM

Any pics? lol

Turnin20s 12-16-2010 01:56 PM

subscribed, I'm planning on pulling the trigger on the 24x setup in the spring, I have plans for a new mill and need some higher RPM capabilities. If you have something with similar potential and less than half the price I may be interested.

Waiting for some more info :corn:

Wicked94Z 12-18-2010 02:47 PM

Hey guys sorry for the delay on posting here, I was on vacation all week with the ex :chug: The DXFs are all at the laser cutter's he was backed up this week as well, so next week I should have the reluctors in hand.

I'm working on a bracket right now for the sensors on my car, it'll be alot like a crank trigger. I believe I have a local tester for this setup, so first will be the optical replacement setup, then it will be on to testing one of my "modded" PCMs. If all pans out well, an added bonus for the modded PCMs will be the ability to run both low and high impedance injectors with no need for a versafueler :)

white84z 12-18-2010 03:44 PM

Awesome! The main reason I haven't got the 24x system yet is the damn price tag. Count me in.

1961ba427 12-18-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z (Post 14253295)
Hey guys sorry for the delay on posting here, I was on vacation all week with the ex :chug: The DXFs are all at the laser cutter's he was backed up this week as well, so next week I should have the reluctors in hand.

I'm working on a bracket right now for the sensors on my car, it'll be alot like a crank trigger. I believe I have a local tester for this setup, so first will be the optical replacement setup, then it will be on to testing one of my "modded" PCMs. If all pans out well, an added bonus for the modded PCMs will be the ability to run both low and high impedance injectors with no need for a versafueler :)

Thanks for the update and continued great news. Vacation with the ex? WTF? If I had to spend a week with my ex, I'd be doing a vacation in prison for some years. lol

OddballLt1 12-18-2010 07:59 PM

Add me to the list as well when this is ready to go.

95mysticta 12-19-2010 07:59 AM

Subcribed! Count me in for one when its tested and guaranteed :D

defaultexistence 12-19-2010 08:27 AM

is this going to work on 93's?

ws6t3rror 12-19-2010 12:32 PM

Still down for one of each kind, just let me know when its ready. Subscribing.

joshh123 12-24-2010 05:43 PM

very interested.

Cheap Guy 12-24-2010 06:15 PM

What pisses me off is that GM won't just admit there are issues with the opti and spend just a little bit of its billion dollar budget to support the LT1. I bet the GM engineers could/have come up with a low cost ($500) solution, but they're probably scared that if they did so, it would be an admission that the opti is less than perfect = class action lawsuit.

There is so much support for the SBC and the LSX but it's like the LT1 never existed to GM.

speedracer2536 12-25-2010 01:56 PM

You do realize the lt1 was only made for like 6 or 7 years.. sbc has been around wayyyy longer.. more saturation.. the ls series is the new "sbc".. If you were gm would you rather make a little bit of money or a ton.. seem's pretty simple to me..

speed_demon24 12-25-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by speedracer2536 (Post 14278715)
You do realize the lt1 was only made for like 6 or 7 years.. sbc has been around wayyyy longer.. more saturation.. the ls series is the new "sbc".. If you were gm would you rather make a little bit of money or a ton.. seem's pretty simple to me..

Not to mention most opti problems are user related.

speedracer2536 12-25-2010 05:46 PM

x2^^ The only ltime i have seen an opti fail on my car is when the water pump leaked on it.. Never actually had an opti problem.. You cant blame them for you cheaping out when you go buy an ebay opti thats a replica.. Most people think its all the same thing..

1961ba427 01-01-2011 10:11 PM

I have personally never had an opti fail, but I am afraid of puddles and any car washes that clean the undercarriage. lol I have had mine missfire for ten miles after driving through a deep puddle. (Doesn't help that my car sits on the ground.) I agree that the opti gets blamed for far more than it should be, but I still see a need for a better part....whether you are talking GM, MSD, Ebay, Autozone, Advance, Chandler, Dynaspark, or whoever.....they all have a track record of being only somewhat reliable at best. Even the guys on here who swear by their opti usually keep a spare.