LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

D body cam vs. Fbody cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default D body cam vs. Fbody cam

I swapped a d body motor into my Camaro. Is it worth the hp swapping the cams. Or should I wait it out till I get a h/c package.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In bolton form they make similar peak numbers so no it is not worth swapping.

Probably every other person who will reply is going to say I am wrong but they would be basing their opinion on the higher peak HP number from the factory for the f-body and ignoring the fact it made less peak toque at a higher rpm with higher octane in getting that higher factory rating.

Like I said, in bolton form they make very similar peak numbers and by all accounts the b-body cam makes a little better low rpm torque.

For those who don't know the d-body was the Fleetwood which is a long wheelbase Caprice for all practical purposes.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
In bolton form they make similar peak numbers so no it is not worth swapping.

Probably every other person who will reply is going to say I am wrong but they would be basing their opinion on the higher peak HP number from the factory for the f-body and ignoring the fact it made less peak toque at a higher rpm with higher octane in getting that higher factory rating.

Like I said, in bolton form they make very similar peak numbers and by all accounts the b-body cam makes a little better low rpm torque.

For those who don't know the d-body was the Fleetwood which is a long wheelbase Caprice for all practical purposes.
Even if there WAS a difference could you calculate it? Nope. It's pointless to worry.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: D body cam vs. Fbody cam