LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code p0227 throttle pedal position sensor, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code p0227 throttle pedal position sensor, help!!

Ok so im on the edge of putting a bullet in my head, i have been fighting this damn code for a month now and cant figure it out, i have gone threw the entire wiring, looked and tracked down all the wiring diagrams known to this car, i have had it tuned, told the guy to look into it, and still car runs fine at warm up, come out throw it in reverse to go out and the code P0227 throttle pedal position sensor low input comes on and the car runs like complete ****, wont idle, runs rich as rich gets, spits and pops. has new tps, 3rd one by the way, new 02 sensors. it keeps fowlin plugs, and im at wits end. i lobe this car to death, but when i look over to my 76 275 radial car it makes me want to light this thing on fire and watch it burn to the ground.

what makes this code come on?? i have had this car 4 years and this is the first time its come on and made the car run like ****. it came on one time when i first got it but didnt make the car run like crap just idled with a pulse, like blower roll but there is no blower.

i figured the tune would be the fix but it runs great for about a week it comes on and then the car becomes a 4 cylinder powered cadillac, no power!!!!

one guy told me if the temp sensor isnt hooked up it will run like ****, and so i noticed my temp gauge is not working, so should i try throwing another temp sensor in it?

help please, if your advice fixes it ill send ya a sixer in the mail!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Could be as simple as adjustment range not being right- you can make the screw holes for the TPS elongated ("slotted") so you can rotate the sensor to where it wants to be, especially if you have an unspecified or unidentified underlying mechanical cause for the stock placement to be out of adjustment range. Here's a little from a decent article: http://www.aa1car.com/library/tps_sensors.htm

Your rich smell seems the opposite of what you'd see for low voltage. Normally high voltage (TPS shorted) would be associated with code p0228.

Have a look at the attached doc and see about adjusting the TPS. If you have 2 sensors that agree that something's not right, I'd start there and see what the voltage actually is across the throttle sweep from closed to WOT.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

^^^Beat me too it. I was also going to ask if the TB had been modified at all to change the range of the blades.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to enlongate the holes on my TPS on my Holley 58mm TB to get that code to go away. Just enlongate teh holes until you are between .35-.50 volts and you should be good to go.

Quick Reply: Code p0227 throttle pedal position sensor, help!!