LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BRE Cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWHO
I love the two random quotes from some dude with zero background. No defense, nothing. I could make a quote talking all I want about you with no background, post it here and everybody is supposed to take that as gospel?

How about the rest of the thread?
What I said was pretty clear in my original post. The "rest of the thread" is there for you to see. Not that difficult to navigate.
I'll dumb it down a bit- The ShaunT character reminds me a lot of Bert and how he has been called out by knowledgeable people.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
TB Porter? Hrmm, i'm sure there's some LT1 guys that would disagree with you on that. He has done some pretty extensive intake manifold work on a number of TOP LT1 cars.

All this site does lately is bash people.
joe don't get me wrong by calling him a TB porter. that's what he started out as. i am not bashing, i am just saying he has been caught in huge lies about taking credit for other peoples work. if its the truth, its not bashing by any means. you say intake work for top lt1 cars, you mean single plane intakes correct not factory cast lt1 intakes right?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS RRR
What I said was pretty clear in my original post. The "rest of the thread" is there for you to see. Not that difficult to navigate.
I'll dumb it down a bit- The ShaunT character reminds me a lot of Bert and how he has been called out by knowledgeable people.
No it wasn't clear. Obviously. I know what you were saying but throwing up a random post from somebody bashing somebody is hardly making a point. Hence the question about what that was supposed to show?

Also, as said the rest of the thread had nothing to do with him in the first place?

Sorry we aren't all bitter old men that read the internet all day long and know everything in the history of the internet on LT1s and Bret Bauer.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonisdn
joe don't get me wrong by calling him a TB porter. that's what he started out as. i am not bashing, i am just saying he has been caught in huge lies about taking credit for other peoples work. if its the truth, its not bashing by any means. you say intake work for top lt1 cars, you mean single plane intakes correct not factory cast lt1 intakes right?
It's Joel not Joe, lol. Yes, Bret does a lot of single plane work for guys on here. If you meet Bret in person he is cool as hell, and probably knows way more than most of the poeple in here who love to bash him. He speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat anything and that usually gets him into trouble. Hard to fault someone for sticking to his guns. But all of these internet people with 5000 posts will copy/paste posts from every corner of the net to bash a guy they've never met.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://camaroz28.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=17
Middle of the second paragraph is where you learn something.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
http://camaroz28.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=17
Middle of the second paragraph is where you learn something.
Sounds like the guy had no tact. That doesn't sound like he was giving bad information or knew nothing... in fact it sounded like he had a lot of information but had an attitude about how he was probably "right" all the time. I have read A LOT of his stuff and have seen the attitude, but his info seemed 95% spot on with the other EXTREMELY knowledgeable and factual guys. This coming from old posts on cam theory and such. (yes I've read a LOT of it.)

I'm not necessarily saying it's one way or the other, just saying what I've noticed.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

It's Joel not Joe, lol. Yes, Bret does a lot of single plane work for guys on here. If you meet Bret in person he is cool as hell, and probably knows way more than most of the poeple in here who love to bash him. He speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat anything and that usually gets him into trouble. Hard to fault someone for sticking to his guns. But all of these internet people with 5000 posts will copy/paste posts from every corner of the net to bash a guy they've never met.
my bad on the name , sorry. i am on some strong pain meds and can't think to straight.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

LSWHO, part of the problem was a customer who took YEARS to get his engine, things like that. He was screwing forum members.
An administrator has to walk on eggshells to make sure they don't get in trouble themselves.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

LSWHO, part of the problem was a customer who took YEARS to get his engine, things like that. He was screwing forum members.
An administrator has to walk on eggshells to make sure they don't get in trouble themselves.

I understand. I haven't heard of the motor issue, either.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Thing is folks tend to bash those who have trouble. I get more PMs about the bad work of popular vendors than what you see actual posts on it about. Folks who cursed me when I told them they were doing things wrong endup PMing me later to say "you were right about everything".
Old 01-29-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone has trouble. Ive heard horror stories from almost every shop or individual Ive ever had dealings with. **** happens. You cant make everyone happy and some mistakes or mishaps are acceptable. You can name 5 that are pissed and I can show a couple hundred that are happy.

Who gives a **** if Bret ever ground cams for a sebring race team or bullshit like that. You dont have to work for a big *** race team to know what your doing. Look at Patrick Guerra he is a very popular cam guy with lots of results posted here on tech and Im pretty sure hes an marketing guy.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Everyone has trouble. Ive heard horror stories from almost every shop or individual Ive ever had dealings with. **** happens. You cant make everyone happy and some mistakes or mishaps are acceptable. You can name 5 that are pissed and I can show a couple hundred that are happy.

Who gives a **** if Bret ever ground cams for a sebring race team or bullshit like that. You dont have to work for a big *** race team to know what your doing. Look at Patrick Guerra he is a very popular cam guy with lots of results posted here on tech and Im pretty sure hes an marketing guy.
Very true.

As far as your sig though... This pedal you speak of. Isn't that the same pedal that makes you slower?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All this site does lately is bash people.
I normally resist, but there are just a few that possibly deserve it.
I have never in my life as an automotive/racing enthusiast come across somebody as arrogant as Brett Bauer, not even considering his less than mediocre success at spec'ing cookbook cams for his unfortunate customers. I never bought a thing from him, but have talked with him, and would never patronize anyone with that kind of attitude. How can you trust someone like that!
No other person ever associated with this site has ever come close to him, IMO.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fergymoto
That was on Hardcore LS1 forum. It no longer seems to be around.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bowtienut
speed demon,
I'm still wondering about that dyno graph.
A torque peak way up at 4700-4800, but then all done by 5800 ???
350/355 ? cam only? fuel problems? ignition problems? valvetrain problems?
Nice smooth AFR curve.......fuel and ign must be ok. ......valvetrain problems ???
Did you ever get it fixed? I assume so; the numbers in your sig sure look better than that.
Here's my lifters that only had 3-4k on them.

Fixed it by pulling the cam like most others that were running the same grind, and yes it was valvefloat.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by LSWHO
No it wasn't clear. Obviously. I know what you were saying but throwing up a random post from somebody bashing somebody is hardly making a point. Hence the question about what that was supposed to show?

Also, as said the rest of the thread had nothing to do with him in the first place?

Sorry we aren't all bitter old men that read the internet all day long and know everything in the history of the internet on LT1s and Bret Bauer.
Which is probably why you are ignorant to the situation. You clearly do not understand, and I'm afraid, like many other times I've tried, you are too dense to get it. One more time and then I will have to call it a wash- I have read those statements that I linked many times regarding Bert's work. Especially the 'over cammed/lack of valvespring' comments. That's all. No super secret decoder ring needed. No reason for you to get tilted and cry.
You talking about Unstable Bob? Did he ever get his Bert built engine?
Even the seriously fast people on Yellowbullet think he's a dumbfuck.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:06 AM
11 Second Club

Not unstable bob, this was one of the Impala guys.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dealt with Brett Bauer once, I go into detail about that experience below. Him and his father are/were on hardcorels1. He was banned off of there, I don't know why but it was probably drama. He definitely carries a way elitist attitude that gets old really quick.

Anyways on to my one interaction with Brett Bauer, it was me and my brother who is also a member on this site, he might chime in, he might not. We wanted a camshaft from him and some ported stock heads, 8 months later we got a camshaft, "ported" Dart Pro 1s, and a heavily ported/modified intake manifold. Probably 1 month of the delays was due to us getting an custom intake manifold that was set up for canfield heads and turned out wasn't going to work.

He had the money for the assembled heads and camshaft for 8 months. The intake money came later when he asked for it.

The work
Camshaft: The camshaft works nicely, it is nothing crazy in terms of lift. However he wouldn't even let us have the cam card, I had to steal a cellphone picture of my own cam. I wouldn't have shared it if he just gave me my cam card, but in spite of him I'll post it.

Cylinder Heads: The Dart Pro 1s I got were nice but they seemed to be assembled by Dart, 2.055 Intake valve and some beehive springs which I believe is an option Dart provides. However he also said that they were ported sadly this was untrue. I had the heads flowed by a local shop near my that I trust on a SuperFlow-1020 bench. They showed no gain over stock Dart Pro 1s. I then spent money to have them ported by a local guy who does this for a living and the put them back on the same SuperFlow-1020 bench, large gains everywhere. I have the sheets with me, I'll take a cell phone picture and upload them because without data it is all bullshit internet talk.

Intake manifold: This piece looked great, I can post some pictures, the stock one had the top cut off and was ported and injector locations were changed. This work I don't believe was done by Brett, I believe he told me he had a local guy near him do it. I overpaid heavily for it.

Basically I have since replaced him in all my work, thanks for reading.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by noice
Camshaft: The camshaft works nicely, it is nothing crazy in terms of lift. However he wouldn't even let us have the cam card, I had to steal a cellphone picture of my own cam. I wouldn't have shared it if he just gave me my cam card, but in spite of him I'll post it.
That's because he didn't want anyone to steal his super powerful secret grinds he copied from a Comp Cam book.
LOL... what a chode.
He hacked out some scare with Comp R lifters on cz28.com a few years ago. You should read his opening statement. He admits to having absolutely no clue why the lifters would break, but to take his word for it and know they are bad. Hilarious. When he started going off on some idiotic tangent in saying the clips were to blame for the lifters breaking I asked him what purpose the clips have on a lifter when it is adjusted to its proper pre-load. His answer: "The clips act on the plunger." I asked him to further explain himself yet he refused. Bert Sr. tried to step in and save him to no avail. He and his father are hacks. Pure and simple. Those who are not star struck by his douchbaggery on the internet know he's a hack. It always baffles me when people are brainwashed enough to follow a farce that has never built or raced anything worth mentioning. Just a few years ago he was peddling throttle bodies and now he's an engine building, camshaft designing god. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Here's the link to his thread with info pulled straight out of his ***:

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show...9&postcount=87
Old 01-30-2011, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yet, folks will still defend this guy, despite the proof that he is a hack, a bullshitter who's been called out and a sycophant who parrots technical truths from others.

Quick Reply: BRE Cam