Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric cut out wireing

Is it hard to wire up yourself or is it fairly easy
Old 01-29-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its pretty easy. I drilled a hole under the rear seat to run the wire up through the car and under the carpet. I took my power for the switch from the cigarette lighter and put the switch in the defrost button on the firebird dash.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Extremely easy
Old 01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

ok the only reason why i ask is cuz ive never really wired anything before but from what you said it shouldnt be a big deal
Old 01-29-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Two wires come out of the electric cutout. One goes to ground, the other goes to a standard 2-pole switch, then to a 12v source.

And most e-cutouts come with their own wiring, switch, and diagram.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

its a stock exhaust should i put the cutout right before the pipe goes over the axel and would i still get good flow through it if it was angled sideways and not down so it wouldnt hit the ground if i was to go over a speed bumb or sumthing
Old 01-29-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by larson99
its a stock exhaust should i put the cutout right before the pipe goes over the axel and would i still get good flow through it if it was angled sideways and not down so it wouldnt hit the ground if i was to go over a speed bumb or sumthing
It will flow the same no matter how you point it. Yes, that spot is good. Most everyone puts it where there is a hump in the passenger rear floor. Mine is there and the only thing I would do is put a turn down on the end of the cutout cause under that seat got so hot that it melted the carpet.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

you guys ever hear of a badlandz hpe cut out cuz they seem to be fairly cheap and the pipe size is 3 inches right
Old 01-30-2011, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Dont have to drill a hole in your floor, there is a rubber plug in the floor right in front of hte rear seat on the passenger side, pull the plug, run the wire, replace the plug. Run the wire under hte carpet to under your center console. Put the switch in the console, I put mine by the ash tray, then run power from the cigarette lighter.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by larson99
you guys ever hear of a badlandz hpe cut out cuz they seem to be fairly cheap and the pipe size is 3 inches right
That is the one I have and my sister has. It has served its purpose and yes 3inch. Just don't hold the switch too long or you'll have problems with it.

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Dont have to drill a hole in your floor, there is a rubber plug in the floor right in front of hte rear seat on the passenger side, pull the plug, run the wire, replace the plug. Run the wire under hte carpet to under your center console. Put the switch in the console, I put mine by the ash tray, then run power from the cigarette lighter.
I was unaware of the plug under there or I would have done that instead of drilling a hole.

Quick Reply: electric cut out wireing