LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust new here

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust new here

Hey guys I'm new and had a question about what route i should go to with my exhaust.Im going to put a new exhaust on for my 93 firebird (lt1) sometime in April and have come down to a couple of choices (Note I will be using stock manifolds I don't have any plans for Long tube headers)

My first idea is:

true duals dumped before the axle, using this x-pipe (http://www.summitrac...rts/SUM-642125/) and either 2 powerstick mufflers probably 20 inch (http://www.classicch...c/products.html) or instead of the powersticks 2 of these dynomax bullets (http://www.summitrac...arts/WLK-24236/)

or

keeping the single exhaust and putting a 20 inch power stick in the I pipe and then have 2 16 inch powersticks transverse each other (like GMMG)

Which one of these set ups will sound the best? I'm more concerned for the sound instead of power for my exhaust.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"Sounding best" is completely subjective. What you think sounds good I might think sounds like crap. Best thing to do is do a search - there are a TON of these threads and TONS of video clips on YouTube with various exhausts.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your more concerned with sound.. the best bet is to still get yourself a set of Mid-length or Long tube headers... Putting all that money and effort into an exhaust to just leave the most restrictive part in place is just *** backwards. but thats just my .02

but to answer your question.. the 2nd choice would probably be better
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
If your more concerned with sound.. the best bet is to still get yourself a set of Mid-length or Long tube headers... Putting all that money and effort into an exhaust to just leave the most restrictive part in place is just *** backwards. but thats just my .02

but to answer your question.. the 2nd choice would probably be better
I second his post. I say midtubes and then you can keep the cats or go High flow and stay legal if you need to and then like ramair said search youtube for a setup that sounds best to you.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Deffinetly install headers first. It will sound like a dump truck if you put TD's on with those manifolds

Quick Reply: Exhaust new here