LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

running rich

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running rich

96 camaro lt1 auto car. car is running rich and fails the plugs out about every 3 months car has long tubes and single 3inch exhaust dumpped before the rear axle with a k/n intake nothing crazy just replaced both 02 sensor's casue of codes but still running rich buddy was behind my car and said i was blowing about a 6-8 inch flame out my exhaust when i was at higher rpms when i let of the gas i am leaning towards a tunnig issue what do you guys think. and the egr/air pump/rear 02's have been removed from the ecu.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

What codes did you have? O2 codes mst of the time only indicate what you already know a lean or rich condition unless its a circuit code. You need to either logg the car and post it so some of us can look at it and make a better assement on whats going on. Also has this happed since your last tune and you had never addressed it? or something that just started happening over the last 6 months or so, i say that cause you said every 3 months. So im taking it as its done it at least twice. Smells like gas all the time? what plugs are you running
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Teching In

it honeslty is a stock tune besides the evap stuff that was deleted. it has happened twice now the plugs will fail out than i will get codes like bank 1 sensor 1 inop or 02 sensor below heat range and a miss fire code so i will pull the plugs and clean them and issue fixed for a short time and i am running ngk tr55's