LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel pressure bouncing when car is running?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel pressure bouncing when car is running?

i was testing my fuel pressure today just to make sure my pump is working because my car starts and runs only when stepping on the gas and keeping the throttle open but it doesnt want to idle, it just dies. my fuel pressure with the engine off was like at 40-41 psi; when i started my car and stepped on the gas to keep it running, the fuel pressure gauge needle was bouncing back and forth. isnt the pressure supposed to be constant when the car is running?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Mnster Z
i was testing my fuel pressure today just to make sure my pump is working because my car starts and runs only when stepping on the gas and keeping the throttle open but it doesnt want to idle, it just dies. my fuel pressure with the engine off was like at 40-41 psi; when i started my car and stepped on the gas to keep it running, the fuel pressure gauge needle was bouncing back and forth. isnt the pressure supposed to be constant when the car is running?
Yes the fuel pressure should be constant until you go WOT. I would disconnect the vacuum line to it see what it does (it should go up because that is no/low vacuum).

Sounds like you are in the correct area for the problem you just need some more testing.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure bouncing when car is running?