LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel line dryrotted, where does it go??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line dryrotted, where does it go??

I have a newbie question for the pros.. My 94 T/A ..I notice sometimes I get a gas odor in the car. I jacked up the rear today and found driver side, back of the fuel tank up high, there is a rubber hose maybe 3/8" that is hardly visible going to a barbed fitting solenoid of some sort. It is totally cracked in half and seperated. The only thing that confused me was that there was no fuel residue on or around it. My question is could it be a fuel return or air/ vacuum line?? I only could jack it up a little bit where I was and it was impossible to trace it. Thanks alot if anyone can help me out
Old 03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be a evap line. Not really sure where your talking about tho.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

I know its kind of vaque description... If I look at the space between the trunkpan and the fuel tank theres maybe a 1" gap. This hose is running right through there. Wouldn't I be seeing signs of a vacuum leak if it was an EVAC line??

I noticed, I'm prety sure that I only get the smell when I get on it...Would that mean that a vacuum line loses vacuum and actually has pressure making the smell? Just a thought
Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure about the pressure. When I had probs with my evap, when I would get on it, I would get a very strong gas odor in the car
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

A pic would be helpful to locate the exact area in question.

I have a general idea where that line is but a simple macro digital camera with zoom will get you a quicker response and answer.

Here's my attempt to repair my fuel line off my dry rotted filter. This off a '96 Camaro. Get the GM 3/8ths line repair kit at NAPA.

Last edited by SS1Eagle; 04-03-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Show & Tell :)

Quick Reply: fuel line dryrotted, where does it go??