LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it just me?

Lately I've been feeling like my LT1 has been holding back. When your at idle and you give it a shot, it lags for a split second then revs.
My number 5 wire was burnt by my header about a week ago, right now i have heat resistant tape around it (buying OTVC kit soon). However i did realize that the EGR was never taken off the back of the intake when it was deleted, I dont know if that could be an issue? When I'm driving sometimes i feel like it slightly lags when i get on it. All ignition components are new except for coil,

Basically, the cars not falling on its face, its driveable, but like i said i feel like somethings holding it back, any input of what to check would be appreciated even though I believe I've gone over everything and it all looks like its in order.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heat resistant tape over a ignition wire that was melted?
I think you need to start there, cylinder is more than likely not firing correctly
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Launching!

^^ Yup...if it still hessitates after you fix your wire situation, check your Opti harness. A bad or loose connector can cause hessitation from low rpms to accelration. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tampa_97_SS
^^ Yup...if it still hessitates after you fix your wire situation, check your Opti harness. A bad or loose connector can cause hessitation from low rpms to accelration. Just my 2 cents.
The opti harness is new. How bout the EGR solenoid still being on the back of the intake when the rest of the systems blocked off?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

new wires, plugs. then check again. there is a very slight delay from punching the gas to revs firing up high. how long of a delay are you talking?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1FirebirdSLP
new wires, plugs. then check again. there is a very slight delay from punching the gas to revs firing up high. how long of a delay are you talking?
If i were to guesstimate id say about a half second.
Also plugs are new
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

maybe its the melted wire with heat tape on it. that would be my guess??
Old 04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
maybe its the melted wire with heat tape on it. that would be my guess??
Um Thats what i said but aparently they think thats going to work and not the issue. I have been down that road so many times over the years and the wire can be fixed when on the road so you can get somewhere to replace it, As for the plug well once the wire is burnt that plug NEW or not may have failed under the harsh conditions, might need replaced might not but for $5 give or take for a plug i would replace that as well.

As for how long it takes the tranny to engage once you go WOT would depend on alt of factor's but average .5-1 sec or so then should pull the entire rpm band in every gear smooth.

Quick Reply: Is it just me?