LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Couple of Questions, Continued (PICS THIS TIME)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Couple of Questions, Continued (PICS THIS TIME)

Ok, so I finally got a good work around for the pressure plate bolts. Picked up some 2" long 3/8"-16 bolts from home depot for about 7 bucks. Grade 8 of course. Torqued them down to 22 lb/ft w/ loctite. Got the bell housing on.

I am going to mate the transmission up tomorrow. But just trying to figure out the size bolt I need to be looking for to mate the actual trans to the bellhousing. Also, there is a small piece of steel that seems to mount on the other side of the bell housing (forward side) thats like a cover, and I cant figure out what the bolts look like to put that back where it belongs. I took this car apart like 5 years ago and I am paying the price big time for not being more careful with labeling and such.

Pics now.

Here is the clutch installed.

I am trying to figure out what bolts go in what hole here. I have a general idea on length. But I'm trying to avoid a whole lot of trial and error.

After torquing, to 22 lb/ft, does the clearance between the flywheel and pressure plate look right here?

Just for ha-ha's. All new valve train. Springs, cam, rockers, lifters, push rods. 5 years of making $$$ and almost $7,000 later, I'm finally putting it back together.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookn good bro
Old 05-02-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fwiw i took my engine and trans to hd and lowes and gotall the bolts i needed LOL.. I cant tell you how many people asked if they sold that there.. Flat cart for the win
Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. Unfortunately, my only other car is a 2002 Audi A4 so there won't be any fitting of motors or transmissions in that. Purely because it just won't fit. So any guesses on those bolt sizes?

Quick Reply: Couple of Questions, Continued (PICS THIS TIME)