LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Installing LTCC

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing LTCC

I am going to be installing a LTCC ignition on my 1997 TA; hopefully in a few days. I know it most likely will not give me more power over the optispark, but I believe the motor will run smoother and I will not have the car falling off at high rpm's due to cap and rotor problems; the rotor is now removed. Should I seal off the 2 vent vacuum lines on the optispark; I have already sealed everything else up. I will be using ls2 coils not the truck coils; will they provide any improvement over ls1 coils? And finally is there any instructions out there as to how the LTCC should be installed?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

do a search on different coil pack install setups. the install is simple. its all in where you want to mount it. seal all the holes on the opti, i even went as far as sealing all the terminals up. i heard the truck coils have the highest output but i never researched that soooo...... good luck
Old 06-02-2011, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did seal the terminals up; just was not sure if the vacuum lines should be sealed up. I believe the vent lines were installed to vent gas from the firing of the rotor, so I would think it will not hurt to seal them off also. Green96ta is going to be shipping me the brackets to mount the ls2 coils on the valve covers; I hear his brackets work nicely.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:17 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, seal up the vents on the Opti.

The LS2 coils are more powerful than LS1 coils.

The LTCC kit will come with instructions.

Your car will run "better", smoother at most times. I can't say you'll have any meaningful power increases.

Quick Reply: Installing LTCC