LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

electric cut out plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post electric cut out plate

I have a 1995 z28 and yesterday I bought an electric cut out I already have a full exhaust and all. how do u go about installing the plate part where do u connect the wires and where is the best place to put it on a LT1 camaro thanks for the help
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a spot under the passenger's side rear right before the axle that is almost made for a cutout. I put mine there and ran the wires up through the plug in the floor right there too.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Launching!

^ What he said. Its like they knew we would run a y pipe and cutout and have it dump right towards the back tire for big smokey burnouts.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Teching In

I bought dual cutouts and put them where my cats were. Bolted them straight to my Pacesetter LT Wired both to one switch. Installed switch in ashtray closest to me. I have a 96 Z. Hopefully this helps.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CAMARO51190
I have a 1995 z28 and yesterday I bought an electric cut out I already have a full exhaust and all. how do u go about installing the plate part where do u connect the wires and where is the best place to put it on a LT1 camaro thanks for the help
For a 1995 Camaro, follow the y pipe and look right where the cat makes an S turn. Place the cut out right before it turns and wire it up thru the black grommets and under the carpeting and under the center console (remove the center console to do this) and all the way to your cigarette lighter. Splice and crimp and your done. You can mount the switch anywhere you want to, I prefer the ash tray or right below the cigarette lighter.
This location IMO sounds much better, being that I have had it in the position under the pass seat before, which also sounds good. However since the 95's are single cat with a crazy S turn in the piping the cut out in this spot basically bypasses the S turn.