LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Still at a loss???? Major Split BLM and Picking up Knock?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE00
I have read this same post many times when I was trying to correct my split BLM's in the past and if you search my post history you will see that. How do you suggest I fix my TB as it matches up perfectly with the IAC passage and as stated does not bleed into the TB openings as most aftermarket TB's? Here is a pick of mine:

Honestly, this major split blm - 100-160 just recently started - close after the injectors and that is why I am thinking it could be them?
Noticed in the pic that the butterfly plate on the right side in that pic looks like its got a nice crease in it at the top, is that yours or a pic of one like yours. might be a visual but it looks like it bent if so it would run lean on that bank.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty deceptive pic as that's actually a drop of TB cleaner making it look like a bend in the blade. I can assure you the blades are perfectly straight and the TB is fully closed as the IAC passage is drilled out and she idles fine (no stumbling), just split BLMs. I'm going to pony up the money and take them to a place here in Houston tomorrow that will clean the injectors and flow test them for me and we'll go from there as I am really out of options here. The only other thing it could be is something valve train related, however you would think I would hear some noise if it was a lifter, valve or rocker giving me probs. I'll let u guys know.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so you put 42 lbers and everything went crazy. why not put the old injectors back change the injector size parameter in the constants table and see if everything returns back to normal. then you'll know if its the injectors.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Rules
ok so you put 42 lbers and everything went crazy. why not put the old injectors back change the injector size parameter in the constants table and see if everything returns back to normal. then you'll know if its the injectors.
Thanks for everyone's input as I greatly appreciate it. Here is an update:

I can't put the old injectors in there as they are sold and gone, but the new injectors have been flowed and checked and cleaned by a local InjectorRx place and they are working perfectly and matched. I have gone the other route as it seems ignition to me, so I have pulled the Delteq and put the stock ign back into play. The car runs better a can't detect any misfires now (OBDI so no codes to tell me) just have to listed and hard to tell to with this choppy cam (108LSA). The BLM's have come back into check a bit with the stock coil and ICM (ignition) hooked back up and that is route I am going now. I am waiting for a new MSD coil to arrive and I will start customizing my wires this weekend to reroute them and hook back up to the opti. As to the knock, it is still picking up false knock only at idle and I'm going to check my motor mounts and dipstick tube this weekend as well as the ypipe to make sure they are not rattling. Updates to follow:

Quick Reply: Still at a loss???? Major Split BLM and Picking up Knock?