LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Possible bad injector

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible bad injector

I just finished installing me ltcc ignition and I have a miss and hard start; it will start easy if I start it seconds after it running, if I try to start it more than a few seconds after it has ran it starts had and only starts if I keep the throttle part way down. I pulled the coil wires on each cylinder and only cylinder 2 shows no difference when the car is running, I checked for spark and it has spark; I tried to feel the injector as it was running and it seems like it is not working. The ltcc box has a solid green light on so I believe the ignition is fine. What should I do next, they are ford svo 30# injectors.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by henry172
I just finished installing me ltcc ignition and I have a miss and hard start; it will start easy if I start it seconds after it running, if I try to start it more than a few seconds after it has ran it starts had and only starts if I keep the throttle part way down. I pulled the coil wires on each cylinder and only cylinder 2 shows no difference when the car is running, I checked for spark and it has spark; I tried to feel the injector as it was running and it seems like it is not working. The ltcc box has a solid green light on so I believe the ignition is fine. What should I do next, they are ford svo 30# injectors.
move that injector to another location and see if the problem follows the injector. if it does thats your issue. if not check your grounds for that coil.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I am going to give that a try tomorrow; I hope it is the injector then I it will be a easy fix.