LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another tuner question

I know this has been beat to death and I apologize for asking. Looking for a tuner program for my 95 Z28. Trying to find something "drop dead" simple, if there is such a thing. Went through the recent posts and it looks like TunerCat is the recommended program. Downloaded TunerPro and can not get it to work. Data Master, have the trial version, works Just may need some help with why it can't see my PCM. Wondering what if TunerCat decides not to work? Need to desense the knock sensor, change the way the fans work and plod my way through the normal tuning.

Reading all the stuff about TunerCat it seems they are not easy to deal with if you loose the software. My last tuning lap top fell off a chair while hooked to my Mustang thanks to the vicious exhaust noise and will never work again, so it CAN happen to me.

Is there a free program to read the PCM data besides Data Master? I'm at the point where I need to get going on trying to learn this stuff.

Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it. Not after the latest and greatest, just something that works.

Al 95 Z28 Frankenstein Stock short block, Lunati cam, long tube wire burners, MSD and so on. TH400 w/brake, S-60 w/spool and 4.30's 28X10 Hoosiers
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use TunerPro RT, Moates AUP1 for my interface, and a home made bench test setup to power the PCM outside the car. I have had problems tuning the LT1 style flash PCM's in the Corvette's. Sometimes they wont take the tune and they hose up. So I just do them all outside car. The vettes have a CCM that can cause problems. I also use Tunercat Winflash to read and write to the PCM. Check the moates.net site to see if the have an LT1 flash style interface. The AUP1 is a very handy tool, I burn chips, emulate chips, datalog, and flash PCM's with it. If you want to see a picture of my test bench setup I can take one and post it.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what you need.

http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl....html?cPath=64

The 95 LT1 has an ODB2 port so you will need one of these cables

http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl....html?cPath=64

Quick Reply: Another tuner question