LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ICM Solution Pic's PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ICM Solution Pic's PLEASE

I have had a few issues with my new ICM heating up and the car not running. A few day here were about 105-108 and thats when this started. I could not start car for a few hours after cooling down. I had it running again and then when heated up it missed and sputtered then shut off. I put ice on the ICM for 10 min and it started up! ICM is getting too hot!

CAN I GET SOME PICTURES OF WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING TO HELP WITH COOLING ON THE ICM? I HAVE PUT A FEW WASHERS BEHIND MINE BUT ITS STILL CLOSE TO THE HEAD! CAN I EXTEND THE WIRES AND MOUNT IT ON THE FENDER UNDER THE FUSE BOX OR SOMETHING?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Launching!

I replaced the factory bolts/studs with longer studs and used jam nuts to create a larger air gap between the head and ICM. I must say that I've never had an issue with ICM over-heating, even before this mod. I just decided to make the change because I had just finished re-sealing the intake.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jb442
I replaced the factory bolts/studs with longer studs and used jam nuts to create a larger air gap between the head and ICM. I must say that I've never had an issue with ICM over-heating, even before this mod. I just decided to make the change because I had just finished re-sealing the intake.
Ok, Thanks!

Quick Reply: ICM Solution Pic's PLEASE