LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT 1 Guru's please enter

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT 1 Guru's please enter

I have a 1994 Chevy Caprice with the Lt1 in it and i was wondering what will the car act like when the fuel regulator is starting to go out? what will it act like when the icm is going out and also will the hypertech not work if the ecm is going bad.

i hope that makes since to you guys i have been working on my car all day so i not thinking straight now lol
Old 08-28-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about you explan the problems you are having and we can guide you in the correct direction. If you think the FP regulator is going out hook a gauge up and remove vac and see what happens.

The hypertech wont work if the battery is almost dead, or someone might not have returned it back to stock before you bought it. Not sure with the limited info.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

the car runs just fine at part throttle, but when i go half throttle or more it seems as if it running to rich and it stops pulling. and the hypertech was bought brand new and i was going to put it back to stock but it wont even come on. i hope that helps sum
Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

The MAF could be messing up, or even the opti itself under heavy load can be missing or not firing correcly.

As for the programmer is it fully plugged into the ALDL?
Are any lights coming on the programmer? If not check the fuse for the aldl to make sure its not blown. A Coil could even be bad. Not to mention the fuel pump could be insufficient. You either need some help with diag or take it to a good shop.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
The MAF could be messing up, or even the opti itself under heavy load can be missing or not firing correcly.

As for the programmer is it fully plugged into the ALDL?
Are any lights coming on the programmer? If not check the fuse for the aldl to make sure its not blown. A Coil could even be bad. Not to mention the fuel pump could be insufficient. You either need some help with diag or take it to a good shop.
well i know i can buy bad parts but these are all the new parts on it fuel pump,fuel filter,coil,opti,spark plugs, injectors,spark plugs wires, air filter etc. when u say MAF is the the plug in at the elbow.

Where is the fuse @ for the ALDL? is it under the hood or on the side of the dash. the status light blinks on and off and when i hold the power button it lights up but when i let go of the button it goes off

Quick Reply: LT 1 Guru's please enter