LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

road crews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road crews.

So I was driving to work last week and the road crews were out laying pea gravel and taring the interstate. Rocks started flying and the front of my pride and joy looks like it has been sand blasted. I was so pissed off words can't even explain the rage I felt. I wish I would have been in my truck, I'd have mowed down every orange cone in the 5 miles of construction. On my way home I watched 40 fat ******** standing around bullshitting while one fat ****** operated a taring truck. So I parked the Vette and I'm driving the mini van. Now I've learned two things from this lesson.

1. My Vette isn't as slow as I thought.
2. I hate road construction more than ever.

Thanks for listening and hope this never happens to any of the sweet *** rides I've seen here on LS1tech.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

write your congressman telling them they should stop all road construction on all the roads you drive on.... pull that tampon out of your vag. it is what it is
Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

It's 2011 for **** sake, pea gravel and tar went out in the 70's. I'm sure your ***** would be drooling if it was your ride.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Is this the crap that leaves a rough finish instead of a smooth blacktop? They did that on my street. We all called it ghetto paving. Looked like crap less than 1 year later. Cracks and all came back. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

I'd be pissed too.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like you choose to drive fast through it. i personally wouldn't care, it would suck but i wouldn't come onto ls1tech to cry about it. go get some bug and tar remover, then have it detailed. do you daily drive the vette? if so you should know someday **** is going to happen... man up
Old 10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Any time I have seen them do that I have seen it labeled in a location you could turn to drive around it, when I have gone through I go SLOW.

Sure dealing with construction sucks, but roads need repair.

Now if you had complained about them tarring and graveling a perfectly good stretch of road while a bridge right down the road has it's weight limit cut to 10 tons from 40tons because it is in bad shape then I would agree with you about bad construction.
That is an actual example up here about 3 years ago the weight limit on a bridge I frequently traveled got wacked from 40 tons to 10 and they keep redoing roads that are just fine all around it. "stimulus" money at it's best.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Ghetto pavement (LOL) for sure. "Wouldn't care" If you have so little pride in your ride then I understand your comments. To me it's no different than someone keying your car or door denting someone **** in a parking lot. Worse because I pay for the road construction.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Indiana was a joke as far as road construction when in Indy for LSX, three bent wheels on my daily from some huge separations between the railroad tracks near downtown. Fml
Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you telling us?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Any time I have seen them do that I have seen it labeled in a location you could turn to drive around it, when I have gone through I go SLOW.

Sure dealing with construction sucks, but roads need repair.

Now if you had complained about them tarring and graveling a perfectly good stretch of road while a bridge right down the road has it's weight limit cut to 10 tons from 40tons because it is in bad shape then I would agree with you about bad construction.
That is an actual example up here about 3 years ago the weight limit on a bridge I frequently traveled got wacked from 40 tons to 10 and they keep redoing roads that are just fine all around it. "stimulus" money at it's best.
Understood but the kicker is no signs because they had moved down the road another 10 miles. The rock and **** were flying 3 mile before the first merge sign or cones. A buddy that drives the same road called the State because his new 5.0 got it so bad, his windshield was chipped to **** and the paint was fucked. The response was we try and clean as we go. **** poor in my opinion.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=2thousand2;15513617]Indiana was a joke as far as road construction when in Indy for LSX, three bent wheels on my daily from some huge separations between the railroad tracks near downtown. Fml[/QUOTE

That sucks, I'm sure Indiana's response would be the same. Sorry about your luck.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

i take great pride in my limited edition Firehawk.. but i'm not going to bitch about every uncontrollable circumstance that may happen between point A and B when i take it out on the road. **** has happened and i got it fixed, no need to complain about it. you could have choose to turn around to find a different route but you didn't.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93 LT1 Vette
Understood but the kicker is no signs because they had moved down the road another 10 miles. The rock and **** were flying 3 mile before the first merge sign or cones. A buddy that drives the same road called the State because his new 5.0 got it so bad, his windshield was chipped to **** and the paint was fucked. The response was we try and clean as we go. **** poor in my opinion.
had you given the full story in post #1 i may have had some sympathy for you...
Old 10-16-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

lesson 3: Increase following distance

Sucks to hear man, i hate when that **** happens. Just remember, and i wish all drivers knew this...the only thing you CAN control is how far behind another vehicle you are. For your front bumper to get totally fucked up as bad as you say you would have to be behind something throwing rocks and the rocks werent setteling befor you got to them, Increasing your following distance to allow the rocks to settle mightve reduced the damage. Its a catch 22 though because noone else wants to slow down in a construction zone so you get to fight traffic. If it was my car and the cost was a fucked up bumper, id have done 20mph through that **** with the hazards on. Granted some people are loaded, but you wouldnt see a ferrari haulin ***** through that, And youd respect the ferrari when its doing 20 with the hazards on trying not to **** up the paint.

Cant take back what happened though, i feel your pain. Every time i hit a goddamn pothole i want to murder someone.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hawk584
had you given the full story in post #1 i may have had some sympathy for you...
Not looking for any sympathy bro, I am just venting. I guess I should have mentioned I just dumped 4 large on a new paint job less than 6 months ago.

road crews.-dscn0496.jpg

road crews.-dscn0497.jpg

road crews.-dscn0498.jpg
Old 10-16-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The city actually pays for the damage. Just say they left to much gravel and rocks started hitting your car blah blah. They'll give you money if not fix it. I got a flat tire BC of a pot hole and I was reimbursed. I did have to pay and show proof though.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

I was driving down a back road in wise county outside of Decatur an out of no where ran through tar that was just poured. No warning signs no nothing. The speed limit was 40 down that road so I got that **** all over my truck. I turned aroun went back and video taped it on my phone. Called the county and sent them the video in an email an they had me come up there so they could take pics. Gave me a check for $200 an told me where to take it to get the tar off. Took about a month to get results but it looked like it never happened after I got it back.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Why are you telling us?
...because this forum is often confused with social forums that have every other thought put into print.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sux bro..I would have talked to there the road crew guys...
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Teching In

about 6 of them with shovels??????

Quick Reply: road crews.