LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1997 trans am lt1 problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1997 trans am lt1 problem

Okay so I have a 97 trans am lt1 it started to act up when one day I was one day I was about to turn and it all of sudden it just quit and wouldnt start back up but if I left it over night it would start up and run for about 10 mins and just quit and wouldn't start back up, so I took it to a shop and they put a new opti spark wires and fuel pump, when I went to pick it up it was missing really bad and it had low fuel so I went to get gas and after I left to get gas it ran fine all that night and the next morning it start right up then after about half a mile it started to miss really bad, so bad I pulled over and turned it off and wouldn't start back up so I took it to gateway and they said it was the computer so I had it sent to GM well they said they wouldn't work on it cause it was a 97, so I'm back to where I started, this is going on a mouth now an need to get it fix cause of work and school, the motor has cam and that's all I know about it , it also has a new crank senser. Thanks any help would be great
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to try posting in the LT1 section, youll get better luck over there.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey Dale, welcome to LS1tech!

Yes, there's a forum just for LT1/4 engines & cars.

Search will be your best friend around here.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya gota start with the basics and go from there. I would throw a scanner on it, and a fuel pressure gauge. If the fuel pressure is ok then I would start looking at the ICM and coil.

Quick Reply: 1997 trans am lt1 problem