LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Is clutch adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is clutch adjustable?

I have a fairly new spec clutch and I have to push the clutch pedal to the floor to engage gears. If im sitting at a light in 1st i need to pin the pedal down or the car will lurch forward. Are clutches adjustable in these cars, and if so, how?

Also, when the car is ice cold in the morning it is damn near impossible to put it in reverse. I need to wait like 5 minutes before it will let me shift into reverse.. Anyone know what the deal is with that?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Launching!

not familiar with the spec clutch, but as far as the reverse problem, try putting it in first gear, go forward then slam it into reverse. its the synchros not lining up with it moving, it makes it easier to force them in... is this the trans that doesnt have second gear either? sounds like its time to rebuild it.

with the clutch in and the car lurking forward, sounds like the clutch is not fully disengaging. could be the master/slave cylinder wearing out on you. sold as a sealed complete unit. check to see if theres fluid dripping or the reservoir is low on fluid.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes same transmission. No leaks and reservoir looks ok. I did drive it to florida and back without using 2nd gear. ran smooth and got a whopping 29mpg.

Quick Reply: Is clutch adjustable?