LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pulling car out of storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling car out of storage

It's been 6 months since I've started my 95 Camaro. Unfortunately I pulled the plugs & wires because I was replacing them. Got called back to Fort Knox midway through, and I'm just now getting back since last August.
What are some things I need to think about? Rust in cylinders? Is there anything I should do prior to turning it over?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blakez28
It's been 6 months since I've started my 95 Camaro. Unfortunately I pulled the plugs & wires because I was replacing them. Got called back to Fort Knox midway through, and I'm just now getting back since last August.
What are some things I need to think about? Rust in cylinders? Is there anything I should do prior to turning it over?
Should be fine, just incase....PB Blast in each plug hole and turn it over by a few times by hand. Are you a Guard in the Army?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Car was indoors right? I might use some seafoam fogging oil but wouldn't get too worried about it.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fuzzyjk
Should be fine, just incase....PB Blast in each plug hole and turn it over by a few times by hand. Are you a Guard in the Army?
That's what I was thinking about doing too. I wish I would have known I'd be away from it for so long, so I could have put the plugs back in or something.

A guard in the army? Are you asking if I guard Fort Knox?

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Car was indoors right? I might use some seafoam fogging oil but wouldn't get too worried about it.
It was inside a barn, so it went through the cold of a SC winter.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by blakez28

It was inside a barn, so it went through the cold of a SC winter.

OK I had to laugh at that, I live near Green Bay WI and for 4 years lived 250miles NORTH of here.

I asked more because I would have worried more about blowing dirt and such not cold. Been an extraordinarily warm winter here and we have still been below zero.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

Ha I never said SC was cold. It's been crazy warm, compared to last year in KY too. But you don't get to pick what you wear in the army, so we're running around in ranger panties (google it) while there's a foot of snow on the ground.

So I should be fine starting the car?

Quick Reply: Pulling car out of storage