LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Dynaflow Headers SUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynaflow Headers SUCK!

Who in the hell designs a system that places the tubes right over the SPARKPLUGS!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StraightTimeStirrups
Who in the hell designs a system that places the tubes right over the SPARKPLUGS!
Obviously Dynaflow lol
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
Obviously Dynaflow lol
That was an oversight in my post, lol!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

lol, I was going to run dynatechs, glad the guy selling them was crazy on the price and it didnt work out! If you think thats stupid be thankful you didnt get sucked into the STUPID ebay headers. I dont know how they sleep at night knowing people have to take a sledge hammer to them to make them fit...and they still make money, they still make them, and people STILL buy them.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

I will never buy another anything from them! This has got to be the stupidest routing I have ever seen! I still havent figured out a way to tighten the number 6 plug. I think its going to take a Dogleg boxed end wrench. There is NO WAY to get a socket on it! The #2 Plug when you tighten it with a plug socket the socket wrench gets bound up against the header flange and locks into place. I had to remove the 1, 3, 5, 7 header to get the plug into the 5 hole. I had to take Vacuum line and place it over the ceramic just to get the plugs started on all of the cylinders on the even side just to get them started as there is no room around the tubes to get your hand and/or socket/extensions in there! Cylinders 6 and 8 I had to hang the plugs up by a safety wire loop as I couldnt get my hands in there to both old and turn the plug with the Vacuum Hose to get the spark plug started. I also found the cause of the miss (I hope anyway). The #5 plug that was in there had a cracked ceramic from the hex all the way to the tip on box sides obviously from the PO's mechanic when he installed the plugs the last time.

Joe

PS. You are correct, they are Dynatech Headers not Dynaflow's.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got any pics of these??

Quick Reply: Dynaflow Headers SUCK!