LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Installing Ram Air on 1995 Formula- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Ram Air on 1995 Formula- HELP!

I am retrofitting a (Suncoast?) Ram Air hood that I bought off craigslist for $200 and an airbox that I accidentally found at Pick-n-Pull, that looks like a suncoast, too (cost $8.90 for that). Obviously, I don't know or assume that the parts I have are the best quality, but they DO seem to fit together, and they look like the ones pictured...
My problem is that I don't know anyone with a Ram Air vehicle that I can look at to discern what other parts I may need, and/or where the air-box actually mounts, and what the extra holes in it are for, etc. I searched for a write-up but didn't find one.

Would anyone be willing to send me some pics of their setup, so that I can actually see what it's supposed to look like? Also, any information that anyone has, who has done this before, (like hole locations to mount box) would be greatly appreciated!
I have the hood, the air-box (with two extra holes on engine-side, one that looks like a plastic hose-barb?), my new K&N filter, and a good '95 Formula to mod!
My email is
capncrunch_62@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The ram air box I had years back mounted to the bolt holes where the radiator support mounts to the core support if I remember right. I bought a rubber coupler down at home depot to connect the maf to the TB.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my Wifes set up.

Quick Reply: Installing Ram Air on 1995 Formula- HELP!