LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

mis and no knock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mis and no knock?

car is missing really bad only when it warms up and i hooked up my lap top and used freescan to see if it was knocking and no knock readings while it misses. the car sat for 4 days and my plugs were gapped to .035 and i am just a boltons car for now ... but i had plans of spraying soon. A dead nitrous noid stopped that for a while ... i just installed a vig 3200 and went for a test drive every thing is all good there but now i have a bad mis that was not there before the swap and the car seems to idle just fine till i give it gas

WTF ...?

i took it out last night and looked for any arcing (checking for bad wires), and there was none while the car was missing. so i am going to change plugs tomorrow and gap them to .055 and hope for the best ...

the opti is the stocker i think and maybe has a 110000 miles on it if it is stock. the first LT1 had a spun rod so i just did a whole motor swap and opti included.

free scan also shows no codes when the mis is going on ... ?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

What plugs are u using? And they should be gapped at .050 i believe...i may be wrong but y are going to gain alot of power back by gapping them properly. U could just have a bad plug. If u have an infared temp gun point it at each exhaust cylinder and u can find which one is not firing by the low temp. Thats how i do it...saves alot of guess work and time. Just my .02 hope it helps.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Was the car retuned for the convertor install? Double check the plug wires, make sure they are on the right plugs.

Quick Reply: mis and no knock?