LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ballinonabudget

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ballinonabudget

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my recent experience with "ballinonabudget". I run a Borla Catback on my car and recently switched the tips to a 6LE CME kit. So I put my old Borla tips in the for sale section. Ballinonabudget contacts me and says he would like to buy the tips from me. So we struck a deal and I let him have the tips for free, all he would have to do is pay for shipping.

After not wanting to paypal me the money, he suggested shipping the tips COD which was fine with me. Well the old man in the post office pissed me off over the COD paper work so I just ended up paying for the shipping out of my pocket. The shipping was $29.60. After I told ballinonabudget what happened at the post office, he said he needs the tips sent COD because his paypal account had reached the spending limit. No biggie, as he states "dont worry about it i can mail you the 30 bucks". I still have not received the money order.

While waiting for my money, I found this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...m-seats-6.html

At this point I had mixed feelings about receiving my money.

After waiting for money for a few weeks, he sends me a text stating that he had a money order ready to be sent out. Ok sweet, so I send him my address again and continue waiting. After waiting another two weeks, still no money order so I contact him and ask about the money order. He then sends me a picture of a money order for $30.00 bucks and states that it has been sent out. The last message I received from ballinonabudget stated: "ill go into usps and inquire... i sent it too long ago for it to not be there. i feel bad... u saw the reciept i sent u".

The $30 bucks really isn't a big deal; it's more about someone’s word. Live and learn. I've bought tons of parts from members off of this forum and have NEVER had a problem...until now. And in no way were the tips in perfect condition. They needed to be cleaned up (which is why I gave them away). What really sucks is I had two other guys with paypal accounts ready to send the money, but ballinonabudget contacted me first.

Just wanted to share this piece of information.

Ray
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Ray, sorry to hear about the hassle with this guy. I gave him a warning a couple months ago for making lame comments in a few threads.

I am going to elevate this to the admins and leave the next step of action in their hands. Thanks for sharing this publicly for everyone to be aware of this guy.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that man.. yea I remember that thread about the seats sucks to hear u have had problems too
Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I too had a bad experience with this person.

I purchased a chrome strut bar. We agreed on a price and I promptly paid him via paypal. About a week after I was expected to receive it, I received a paypal refund from him with a message saying " part is no longer for sale". I sent a PM asking what's up, he said he was delayed in sending the item because paypal was slow and that a few days ago he got a better offer and sold it to someone else. I told him that once he took my money the part was no longer his to sell. Clear and simple once he took my money the part belonged to me. He send me several nasty emails even questioning my financial abilities. I posted a note on one of his for sale items and he had the whole thread deleted. I was just going to let it all go until I saw this thread.

At least I am not out my money, well sorta of. When I agreed to purchase his, another chrome bar came up on another Camaro forum for roughly the same money. Of course I passed on it because I already had one, when I didn't receive the bar, I contacted the other seller and he had already sold it. I have yet to find another.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

He sold my brother some used bilstein shocks "in great condition" that were SHOT when he put them on his car, but my brother didn't waste his time pursuing it yet
Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

People like this need to be IP banned
Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JasonShort
Ray, sorry to hear about the hassle with this guy. I gave him a warning a couple months ago for making lame comments in a few threads.

I am going to elevate this to the admins and leave the next step of action in their hands. Thanks for sharing this publicly for everyone to be aware of this guy.
Thanks Jason, I really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by fuzzyjk
I too had a bad experience with this person.
Thanks for sharing fuzzy, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with ballinonabudget...I have a feeling there might be a few more people out there.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 AM

We will take care of this guy, no worries.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
He sold my brother some used bilstein shocks "in great condition" that were SHOT when he put them on his car, but my brother didn't waste his time pursuing it yet
Is your brother a member of this forum? If so can you ask him to post his experience in this thread? There is no sense in this guy screwing the same people that help him fix his own car.

Recent help thread for example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...help-asap.html
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
8 Second Club

After getting hosed on a sheet metal intake from a private party, I usually just buy it new or insist that I see it in person.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I made the purchase from ballinonabudget as a package deal, my brother gave me a check and I bought 2 sets of eibachs and 1 set of bilsteins from ballin, and 1 set of springs and the shocks went to my brother. When I got the shocks, they were beat up looking, and where the nut threads onto the top of the rear shock was badly rusted to the point where Im suprised my brother was able to get it to thread, so I knew they were old. We put them on my brothers car without changing the springs and you could still feel his car bottom out in the *** end. Hes not active on the forums thats why I made the purchase.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate hearing **** like this but you sent away the tips without any money in hand, that is your dumb fault. Do you walk up to strangers and open up your wallet too? I feel for you and would never screw someone like that but you set yourself up for it.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

sweet is right. People will do the right thing when they are forced to by a system. That is why you have COD, Paypal transaction coverage and check card purchase protection ect. Unfortunately there are very few that would actually do what there supposed to but there are honest members here that do that. They should be given shout outs just as much as the crooks.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fex77k
After getting hosed on a sheet metal intake from a private party, I usually just buy it new or insist that I see it in person.
^^^this
Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Awhile back i was going to buy some longtubes from him, he sent me his email for paypal and i decided to google his email and found out he had been Banned on Camaroz28.com.... Check out this Link...http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/buye...g-camaro-836328/ After reading that i decided it was a bad idea to buy the headers from him, So I sent a PM to a moderator to see if they can do something and possibly Ban him but got no responce..
Anyone else notice how much crap he sells?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM

I've reported him to the admins here. He'll be banned tomorrow I'm sure.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonShort
I've reported him to the admins here. He'll be banned tomorrow I'm sure.
thank you.... yeah he scammed me on my seats, stated i was trying to scam HIM because i went to my friends house and got a set of charcoal grey firebird seats and took the pic... what a guy but its ok, one day i can only hope that it all falls back on him. hope you get your 30$ man!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is not the first time I have seen him brought up with negative trader feedback.

Hopefully he stays gone this time.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

jason short! i miss my old car !
Old 03-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Hey Corey! It's in the process of coming back to life

Quick Reply: Ballinonabudget