LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Cutting Out.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Cutting Out.

I think this is probably my opti spark that went. But figured id check and see anyways.

So got my tune today, flashed the tune to the car. Fire it up and runs just fine go and put gas in start my data log program. Fire the car up runs just fine. Go to do a pull getting on the interstate for data logging. Get to about 5200 rpms and it cuts out so i push in the clutch and got nothin reading no rpms. Come to a stop and well seems like the batteries dead won't turn over. So get my dad to come jump me. She fires up like nothin was wrong so i take off and get a couple miles down the road and does it again. So i probably have a bad alternator too as the battery is completely dead. The thing that gets me is the damn thing ran for 3 or 4 hours yesterday and started ran today drove it around for about an hour before it did this.

GAH!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get your charging system fixed and see if the miss goes away, the computer has to have a certain amount of VDC to work correctly.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the battery connection. If it's loose or corroded it can cause all sorts of problems. Side post batt's love to leak out the side posts when they go bad and it causes corrosion on the connection to the batt cable.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Teching In

I did get the charging system figured out was just a bad battery. But now my car wants to fire but won't and it takes forever for it to actually fire. When it does fire it won't stay running.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

At an dle or can you baby it running with the pedal?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS Sick
At an dle or can you baby it running with the pedal?
I can baby it and keep it running with the pedal yes. When it does start it takes for ever to get it started.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 Cutting Out.