LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need recommendation on piston rings with boost/nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need recommendation on piston rings with boost/nitrous

I'm at a critical point in this 385 build where I have to make a huge decision, so I'm looking for some feedback to keep my focus. I running a set of Wiseco forged dished pistons on eagle H beams and forged eagle crank. Machine work is done, now its time to start putting together the short block. I picked up the piston/rod combo used. Machinist said they had light use, and originally I was going to reuse the rings. Finally got a ring grinder to my doorstep, and after doing the first two rings, I think I've talked myself out of reusing them. But now I'm faced with a new decision and a new road of this build.

There are 3 rings I'm considering: a new set of Wiseco rings, Total seal file fit, or Sealed power Hellfire. The bottle is going on this car, with a 100-200 shot in mind. I'll probably gap around .028/.030 (or whatever the ring manufacturer suggests). Motor should put down 400-425whp (6-8psi @ 5200ft) with the S-trim off the bottle based on what I'm piecing together for it. I want it to last, so what rings would I be best off with?

Quick Reply: Need recommendation on piston rings with boost/nitrous