LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Brake Line Routing

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Brake Line Routing

I have a question regarding the brake line routing on my 94 LT1 TA.

Most specifically, on the passengers side does the line run behind the power steering rack or does it run in front of it. I'm looking specifically as the line passes from the K-Member toward the wheel well. I have attached a few pictures and I would just like someone to double check my work.

Also, if someone else could post some pics of how the front brake lines are routed in stock form, that would be great and much appreciated.

Picture of line from passenger front wheel well.

Line seems to fit well when ran behind steering rack, a bit of interference when ran around the front.

The best I could interpret from FSM was that the line runs under the steering rack here but I seem to be lacking a clip that is indicated in the FSM. Seems right, just not 100%.

Here is the driver's side routing. Seems pretty accurate.

Lastly, I was trying to determine the type of bolt that fixes the line clips to the K-Member. From research, it seems to be the same fastener you use to affix the inspection cover on to the bellhousing. I don't have anymore so I was wondering what a suitable replacement might be.

Thanks in advance guys. I'm in the home stretch of this build so I really appreciate the assistance.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured it out on my own. *Pat self on back*

Quick Reply: Brake Line Routing