LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

6LE front bumper inside PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested to see what will be done about the bumpers with rounded corners, not acceptable IMO.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First and foremost any rounded corners we replace so just contact us through the site (because Jeff monitors that and gets them replaced)... First run always has some issue it seems and this is the one this bumper is having.

Secondly, as far as needing to drill holes, that is just the way this type of piece goes.

They don't have a car overseas to put these on and drill all the holes out, that is the way every bumper comes from most companies in FG like this. Takes less than 5 min. to drill them out to your specific car and guarantee the best fit.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
First and foremost any rounded corners we replace so just contact us through the site (because Jeff monitors that and gets them replaced)... First run always has some issue it seems and this is the one this bumper is having.

Secondly, as far as needing to drill holes, that is just the way this type of piece goes.

They don't have a car overseas to put these on and drill all the holes out, that is the way every bumper comes from most companies in FG like this. Takes less than 5 min. to drill them out to your specific car and guarantee the best fit.
BOOM! That is why 6le is help as a premium sponsor on tech, no questions asked its fixed.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brought my bumper to my painter today. Bumper is cracked in 6 places, had some rounded cornerns, and is wavey. He said as is, he'll have about 15 hours to fix the bumber ($40/hr). and thats assuming that all the lines will match when it gets put on. He'll let me know by Wednsday if every thing lines up.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pillarpod
brought my bumper to my painter today. Bumper is cracked in 6 places, had some rounded cornerns, and is wavey. He said as is, he'll have about 15 hours to fix the bumber ($40/hr). and thats assuming that all the lines will match when it gets put on. He'll let me know by Wednsday if every thing lines up.
For the amount of money spent to purchase the bumper, there's no freakin' way in hell I'd be spending a ton of more money to fix what shouldn't be FUBAR in the first place.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he said you can return it, if you pay that and don't return it it is your fault. he said he will replace it

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pillarpod
So $600 just to fix the bumper then how much for paint? Plus what you paid for the bumper in the first place. Sorry that's a little more than I would be willing to put up with.

I guess if I want something like this I will be building my own by grafting the LS1 lower onto the LT1 upper.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

like i said customer service has been excellent! im not in a rush and if they work out the issue awesome. i felt bad cause the shipping company screwed up one bumper already and then just came to a blank after seeing rounded corners. ill wait on my emails. 6le has been great to work with so ill see what he says over email and just let him take his time to get me the correct piece.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:55 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

6LE is on top of his game. I too am getting another one but when I'm not sure. But as long as it's rectified that's all that matters. I asked if they wanted mine back just so they could have it as proof and was told to just junk it no questions asked. You can't beat that.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Mark is awesome about his customer service.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

No doubt that his customer service is top notch, I can not argue with that.

I'm just a little disappointed with the quality of the finished product. Maybe with a little time it will get better. And this is on my list of future mods if the quality issue gets worked out.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Launching!

i just dont get how their not catching all these defects before their products go out the door? no quality control here??
Old 06-19-2012, 05:51 AM
11 Second Club

I too got one with rounded corners, I thought I got lucky until I took it out of the plastic

I am happy to hear Mark is taking care of this quickly, hopefully they can get it right and get them back out.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
So $600 just to fix the bumper then how much for paint? Plus what you paid for the bumper in the first place.
Talked to my painter again. They put the bumper on the car, lines didn't line up ect. Said it would be $1000 to fix. Talked to 6LE of course the customer severice was great and i am getting a new one. I have no idea when i would be getting a new one but i'm tired of this thing getting dragged out. My car was ready for paint in Febuary and i am spraying candy so painter doesn't want to paint til' he has a front bumper.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ that sucks. gonna look great i bet though. ima do all the bumper work myself so hopefully the next bumper i get is a lot closer lol im lazy and would like to do as little as possible
Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Banned

FYI, after our rep reamed our manufacturer we had the mold redone so that the lines would be more distinct (headlight bucket area) and they just popped one out quick just to show us the lines...

All the replacements (this area was what you call "fuzzy" on some of the first ones) will be from this mold and the corners will all be pointed, not rounded as that was addressed as well...

Thanks everyone for your patience, getting a new product to market always has SOME type of issue first run, just sorry you have to be the ones dealing with it.

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 06-22-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 PM

Looks great!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

FYI, after our rep reamed our manufacturer we had the mold redone so that the lines would be more distinct (headlight bucket area) and they just popped one out quick just to show us the lines...

Pics to come...

All the replacements (this area was what you call "fuzzy" on some of the first ones) will be from this mold and the corners will all be pointed, not rounded as that was addressed as well...

Thanks everyone for your patience, getting a new product to market always has SOME type of issue first run, just sorry you have to be the ones dealing with it.
I really like how you are proactive and aggressive in working with folks to resolve problems. You've got a top-tier attitude!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Pics to come...

I think we all appreciate how well you are dealing with this. Just based on your customer service I don't think I would have a problem ordering one at some point. But I'll be a little more comfortable after the bugs get worked out
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Pics of quickly made bumper just to show the headlight lines from the new mold...

Quick Reply: 6LE front bumper inside PICS