LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Z28 having some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z28 having some issues...

There are a few different things going on with my Camaro as of late:

•Since I got my Z28 back out of storage this spring, I've been having a lot of trouble at idle and while driving at low RPM (i.e., around town). A lot of times when I apply the gas pedal, the engine will hesitate for a few seconds and stutter, without RPMs increasing at all. Then all of a sudden it will come roaring back. Then sometimes when I am idling at a stop light, the RPMs will dip below 500 and kind of waver, then the engine will roar back up again and idle a little more evenly. When I got my car scanned last week, it was reading two codes: P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction and P0400 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction. I also have no rear O2 sensors (no cats). Car has no such issues when I'm going highway speed.
•Since I swapped rims/tires, sometimes my car will pull hard to the right, especially when braking. It doesn't do it all the time, and it seems to do it more often when I'm on rougher roads. Might this be related to the size increase from 245 to 275 in the front?
•When I'm driving down the highway (70-80 mph), I get a strange pulsing vibration that moves through the car. It's a slow pulse, with a period of about three seconds. It almost feels as if it goes from the front of the car to the rear.

If anybody could give me any input on any or all of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it!