LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vortech v2 head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech v2 head unit

So I had a v2 sq unit that came with my car n it spun a bearing so I purchased a v2 t trim off of a guy that was rebuilt with new casing and interals etc etc has all the paperwork for it. I pop off my old one to mock it up with the new one and they look totally different...from the angle the outlet is to the mounting points. I even called vortech to see if it would fit n the guy said it would minus the inlet...do what do I do now? I need help guys and fast I'm very frustrated and my car is down.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Bump?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try the FI forum. You'll get far more responses over there than from us slow guys here.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lil'Felt
I pop off my old one to mock it up with the new one and they look totally different...from the angle the outlet is to the mounting points.
If you're referring to the angle of the outlet/exducer housing, you should be able to re-clock it. Just completely remove all of the perimeter bolts holding the exducer, rotate the housing wherever you want it, align to the closest bolt holes, and reinstall all the bolts.

At least, I reclocked the housing on my procharger to point straight down (6:00). I'm assuming the Vortech head units are similar. There's not much to it:

Vortech v2 head unit-ojuxcm.jpg
Vortech v2 head unit-kj7qqm.jpg
Old 06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The rotation and outlet may be way off. IIRC Vette's and mustangs are counterclockwise and we use a clockwise rotation.
If the outlet is just pointing the wrong way you can reclock it as mentioned above.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
The rotation and outlet may be way off. IIRC Vette's and mustangs are counterclockwise and we use a clockwise rotation.
If the outlet is just pointing the wrong way you can reclock it as mentioned above.
Thanks, I may have misread the OP due to an ambiguity in the wording.

I thought he meant that the outlet is at the wrong angle in relation to the mounting points, but he may have instead meant that everything is different including the mounting points. Re-reading it sounds like the latter is correct.

I sincerely hope it isn't the case, but if the replacement head unit is a reverse-rotation version, then reclocking will serve no purpose. The outlet angle is the least of your worries if the impeller is spinning backwards.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Yea even if I clock it upwards then it still points in the wrong direction....so im at a loss here cause now I don't have a car or blower

Quick Reply: Vortech v2 head unit