LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I was just thinking

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
IMO, it's the heat soak issue that's the bigger downside (along with the much heavier weight of it). My LS car is much less negatively affected by hot summer driving/idling than the LT1 is.

Try holding your hand on a LS intake vs a LT intake after 100 miles driving...lol
ls1 lid mod fixes that, mine is cool to the touch if im doing driving...idleing on the other hand will heat it up, driving cools it quickly
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems to me the stock ported Lt1 intake worked well enough for guys like Taner,Ed Wright etc. to run 10s NA.
In fact Taner went from a home ported intake to a high dollar Hogan or Wilson (iirc) and hardly picked up anything only to swap to a Victor style with a Carb style throttle body to surpass both previously used.
Stock ported will take you far......
Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
It seems to me the stock ported Lt1 intake worked well enough for guys like Taner,Ed Wright etc. to run 10s NA.
In fact Taner went from a home ported intake to a high dollar Hogan or Wilson (iirc) and hardly picked up anything only to swap to a Victor style with a Carb style throttle body to surpass both previously used.
Stock ported will take you far......
we know the stock one will take ya far. we are asking for a aftermarket one that has yet to be made yet lol
Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a guy some years ago that was talking about modifying a LS1 intake to work on the LT1 heads, but after trying to figure it out and the money it was going to cost gave up.

Unless FAST or some other big company wants to get behind this no after market company is going to use there time or money to make some thing like this happen since all the attention is on the LSX world, we were lucky enough to get the air gaps but honestly i'll be happy with my ported stocker cut to use a mono blade.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a nonexistent market thats why. Or else something would have came out by now. IF you are concerned with max CFM, have your intake ported and run a TPIS monoblade. When you really break down the LS1/2/6 Intake market there really isnt a lot out there. You have the stock intakes obviously but other than that you have

FAST: They currently offer 3 intakes, the 92, 102 and 102 RT for cars with no clearance issues

Weiand: An aluminum LS6

BBK: Aluminum manifold designed to compete with a FAST 90

Pro Products/Procomp: Typhoon, same preimse as BBK

Edelbrock: Vic Jr, Super Vic, Proflo

Holley: Hi Ram (Tunnel ram)

LT1s have the stock intake but also

Edelbrock: Same lineup as the LS1

TPIS: I believe the Miniram works and has decent results

AFR: The piece mentioned above

I left out sheetmetal intakes because both platforms have Wilson and Hogan manifolds.

But honestly the LT1 intake is a great piece. I liken it to the LS3 intake, the FAST LS3 isnt gaining a whole lot over an LS3, so there is no reason to make more intakes.

So essentially the LS1/2/6 really has 2 forms of a tunnel ram, an aluminum stock manifold, 2 aluminum upgrades and the FAST
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I think LT1s have become the "Im 16-18 and I want a fast car, cant afford an LS1, Ill get an LT1, oh crap I dont know how to drive" *CRASH* 1 less LT1. The big new mod for LT1s is to swap the motor out for an LS1. LT1s never sold in big numbers in the first place like the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gens, so the aftermarket demand is just getting smaller and smaller as people wreck or junk them.

Quick Reply: I was just thinking