LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Strut mount failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Strut mount failure

The reason for my letter is that I have a problem with the strut mounts of my Camaro and it turns out when it replaced the original parts have been broken stuts mounts (2 on the driver side and three on the passenger). I searched here on the forum and have seen some threads and even Kevin from BMR told me that the strut mount failed that did not put a plate insulator even sent me a picture of the part and I wonder if anyone here has ever had this problem to send me a picture as the end of the strut mount and left strut insulator plate installed and advanced thanks.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't you just send me a letter telling me how I had won 1,000,000 euro ,because my email likes to play lottery when I'm not watching?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by pr_lt1
The reason for my letter is that I have a problem with the strut mounts of my Camaro and it turns out when it replaced the original parts have been broken stuts mounts (2 on the driver side and three on the passenger). I searched here on the forum and have seen some threads and even Kevin from BMR told me that the strut mount failed that did not put a plate insulator even sent me a picture of the part and I wonder if anyone here has ever had this problem to send me a picture as the end of the strut mount and left strut insulator plate installed and advanced thanks.
So are you saying where the struts bolt to the body have broken or the bolts themselves? I've only read of bolts either being stripped or broken on the front/top side of the struts. I had a mount on the body break on my third gen and had to get it welded, but never read about this happening on a 4th?

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
Didn't you just send me a letter telling me how I had won 1,000,000 euro ,because my email likes to play lottery when I'm not watching?
Why the need to be a *****?
Old 07-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Teching In

The problem is that the strut rod pulls the center of the strut mount and apparently needs an insulator plate and wanted to know if anyone had picture of how the work is finished. Then when they changed the original parts do not remember to carry a plate insulator.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Teching In

To a default whatever, if you think my question misplaced or silly or whatever it's better not comment and continue to the next thread that interests you. Maybe my question may be to another user and can help in something.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Still not sure if I understand your question. Can you possibly post up pics?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is a picture that might show it a little better. The small isolator sits on top of the strut mount and spreads out the load. The shock rod slides up through the shock mount and isolator and the nut for the shock sits on top of the isolator.
Attached Thumbnails Strut mount failure-strut-mount.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Strut mount failure