LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No spark/ stalls when it warms up help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark/ stalls when it warms up help

I am having a very weird issue. It all started when 1 day the car had no spark , so I did the normal checks and replaced the opti, the car would then start but once it gets to op. temp, it would shut down, replaced the coil and icm still the same issue. Ive been told to replace my crank sensor so I did, the car ran fine no miss, then I let it run in the drive way for about 25 min got to 180 fans kicked on still running then it was starting to smoke pretty good( white smoke) but not running hot at all then it started to lighten up so i turned the car off to clear the codes, then went to start it up to move it and no spark again, till it cooled all the way down then it started right up no issue. The only things I havent replaced yet is the opti harness and the pcm, so any help with this would be helpful. Here is the info :

1996 Lt1 trans am
headers and cold air
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

U have tested for no spark? Or it just shut down? Fuel pressure good? No security codes? Mine would do the same, but it turned out to be the MSD randomly shutting down after it warmed up. So i removed it from the ignition loop.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Fuel pressure is good, after it shuts down there is no spark from the coil, and I will get a random miss fire code

Quick Reply: No spark/ stalls when it warms up help