LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which I-pipe - URGENT PLS HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which I-pipe - URGENT PLS HELP

Hi,

I have a 1994 3.4 Camaro with borla 3" catback WITHOUT intermediate pipe from a V8. Now I would like to have new headers and cat installed. However, I still need the intermediate pipe for this to work as it should.

I tried to find a relating 3" i-pipe from Walker/Dynomax (which I understand are basically the same company), however I am rather confused. The walker web page catalog and also that of summitracing only seems to list pipes with 2,5" (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wl...t/model/camaro).

On some forum I have find out that the right items are:
Dynomax Performance 53061 (Over Axle Pipe)
Dynomax Performance 54064 (Intermediate Pipe)

However, these seem to be listed as applicable only to the newer camaros from 1998... Is there any reason why I could not put these on my older car?

So, I must say I am rather lost.

Could anyone please confirm which product number is the right one with 3" diameter which could be put on my car?

If anyone is able to help, please do it QUICKLY as I would like to be able to buy this before a specific container ship leaves to Europe on 28 February 2013.

Thanks,

A.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

your headers and cat should include some sort of y pipe or what not that should go all the way to were the borla catback is suppose to go, should be able to get some straight pipe and be able to make it work, an exhaust shop could do it for you also, but the thing with an aftermarket catback like a borla, is your not going to find the exact pipe from walker or anything because they only offer stock replacement. Also might want to try a better section on ls1tech for this as its the lt1/lt4 sub section.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

I think it would be cheaper and better just to take it to a local muffler shop and let them put one in, what ever size you want

Quick Reply: Which I-pipe - URGENT PLS HELP