LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Jethots

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jethots

My brother is installing jethot headers on his 96 Formula. Does the front primary on the drivers side header seal itself to the rest of the header? Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TKhawk01
My brother is installing jethot headers on his 96 Formula. Does the front primary on the drivers side header seal itself to the rest of the header? Thanks
I asked my self the same question. And i doubted that it would seal it self. It does. And to my surprise. Its near imposable to remove latter. LOL. It will leak a little when you first start it. But once it heats up and expands it will take care of its self.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

yeah if it's a snug fit (normal from JH) then it'll seal for a few months. Problem with these #1 primary slip fits is they get a little loose after a while from engine vibration, normal wear, etc. I'd recommend an 1-7/8" header primary band clamp made for this. Most of the car mags have them, Chevy High Performance does at least.

Stay on top of it now and down the road your Max Fuel Trim Table won't go haywire from sucking oxygen in via the leak, which will fool your driver-side 02 sensor into thinking you need more fuel. It can rob your gas mileage, rough idle, poor performance and make you a good 2/10ths slower in the 1/4.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:32 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want to jump in on this thread. My Jet Hot LT's will be here in about a week. I'm stepping up to them from MAC mid lengths that I've had for years. Any install tips/tricks? I'm anticipating removing the starter, alternator, dipstick, plugs, etc.

What else? Anything unusual?

TIA,
Todd
Old 04-20-2004, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
Want to jump in on this thread. My Jet Hot LT's will be here in about a week. I'm stepping up to them from MAC mid lengths that I've had for years. Any install tips/tricks? I'm anticipating removing the starter, alternator, dipstick, plugs, etc.

What else? Anything unusual?

TIA,
Todd
well not sure on the LS1s but the LT1s are a bit challenging. If you have access to a lift it's easier, if not it's a good 36" raised in the front for near vertical stab of the LTs. Passenger side is a little easier if you undo the motor mount and raise the engine about an inch, it'll slide right in. Otherwise it's a pretty straightforward install.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

I was able to slide the driver's side up without touching the motor suprisingly but the pass. side had to go up at least 2-3". Yes, the starter, alternator and dipstick have to come off but thats all. It is really straightforward and definitely get the car up as high as it will go like BRETTINATOR mentioned. My slip fit hasn't leaked yet and its been almost a year. The fit was so tight I had to lightly sand the primary to get it in.

Quick Reply: Jethots