LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Alright lets talk tuning software

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright lets talk tuning software

Jet performance dynamic spectrum tuner. first off my Camaro is a 95 but get this it has the obd2 plug with obd1 computer I guess according to what I hear. some people didn't believe me that it had an obd2 plug in a 95 but my buddies s10 is a 95 with the obd2 plug and most scanners wont read mine or his vehicle unless its a high dollar snap on reader. I heard GM did some odd things in 95..Anyway what Im asking is will this jet tuner work it says 96-97 lt1 Camaro/caprice.. and they have obd2 plugs and so does mine. the nearest dynotune is 3 hours away and cost me 350 to dyno and tune it not counting gas in the car or the truck. so this jet tunning kit is 475.00 my buddy tunes his ls1 with some software if I buy this I might just have him do it, and it would be nice if I do upgrades to do it at home and not spend 600 dollars every time I need a tune, LE heads and cam coming in near future. any help would be great thank you. http://www.jegs.com/i/JET+Performanc...14005/10002/-1
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z28harcor
Jet performance dynamic spectrum tuner. first off my Camaro is a 95 but get this it has the obd2 plug with obd1 computer I guess according to what I hear. some people didn't believe me that it had an obd2 plug in a 95 but my buddies s10 is a 95 with the obd2 plug and most scanners wont read mine or his vehicle unless its a high dollar snap on reader. I heard GM did some odd things in 95..Anyway what Im asking is will this jet tuner work it says 96-97 lt1 Camaro/caprice.. and they have obd2 plugs and so does mine. the nearest dynotune is 3 hours away and cost me 350 to dyno and tune it not counting gas in the car or the truck. so this jet tunning kit is 475.00 my buddy tunes his ls1 with some software if I buy this I might just have him do it, and it would be nice if I do upgrades to do it at home and not spend 600 dollars every time I need a tune, LE heads and cam coming in near future. any help would be great thank you. http://www.jegs.com/i/JET+Performanc...14005/10002/-1
You have a transition OBD1 setup. This is what came in the 1995. I've been through what you're just starting to do. Look up "CATS tuner" and this will become your salvation. The gentleman who sells these is a great guy and will help you throughout the process of tuning your car. Your computer is infinitely adjustable via a laptop and much easier to tweak than you would imagine. I'm no computer geek and I had no problem making the necessary changes to accommodate the 4:10 gears, adjust the cooling fans and delete the AIR pump and EGR without any problem.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^There you go. It is OBDI with the OBDII-style connector. Only weird thing they did, in some people's opinion, was put the OBDII-looking diagnostic connector. Have seen them called OBDI.5, which is bull ****. The plastic connector under the dash does not make the PCM something different. :-)
Cats (Tunercat) is what you want. Reasonable price, and no cable credits.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
... Have seen them called OBDI.5, which is bull ****. The plastic connector under the dash does not make the PCM something different. :-)
So true. It's refreshing to have someone here who knows what they are talking about.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

I think that's what I'm dyno guy used was tuner cats .. He had a hard time because apparently it's not the original computer he said it looked like a reman and sometime people lock the PCM with a code or something ...what's the price difference between the two programs and which would I be better off with ? Tuner cats like you previously stated?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Stick with the OBD-I that your car came with. Much cheaper than II to tune yourself.

Quick Reply: Alright lets talk tuning software