LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

canton fabbed valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default canton fabbed valve covers

Guys I'm in the process of changing a few things, I have had these covers sitting for about 2 years and might try to use them. What am I supposed to use for the crankcase vent tube that goes the the TB. Is there a special grommet thats fits specific or do I use a breather and run the hose from that?

The hole on the pass side cover is pretty large. If anyone uses these or knows about them please help!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LUNATIK LT1
Guys I'm in the process of changing a few things, I have had these covers sitting for about 2 years and might try to use them. What am I supposed to use for the crankcase vent tube that goes the the TB. Is there a special grommet thats fits specific or do I use a breather and run the hose from that?

The hole on the pass side cover is pretty large. If anyone uses these or knows about them please help!
I used grommets from the "HELP" section at the auto parts store and ran breather filters.

Not really the "proper" way to do it, but didn't have any problems in two years of daily driving, and my intake stayed nice and clean.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I have Cantons and I used 2 things from Mr. Gasket- a baffled grommet (5425 I think, 2 per pkg.) and a baffled breather with the CCV tube fitting on it (2054, IIRC). The 2054 comes with a non-baffled grommet (tossed it in the toolbox).

My throttle body and intake are clean/ dry, and I keep the CCV setup.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojira94
I have Cantons and I used 2 things from Mr. Gasket- a baffled grommet (5425 I think, 2 per pkg.) and a baffled breather with the CCV tube fitting on it (2054, IIRC). The 2054 comes with a non-baffled grommet (tossed it in the toolbox).

My throttle body and intake are clean/ dry, and I keep the CCV setup.
Thanks, ill check that out.. any chance you can snap a pic of your setup?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The VC will use a standard size grommet, then you just have to choose whether to use a breather with the port on it to keep the stock system, or just a plain breather and delete it while capping the intake.

Quick Reply: canton fabbed valve covers