LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 Running rich

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 Running rich

So last year I replaced my intake gaskets due to a real bad oil leak and around that time my camaro started running rough at an idle after its warmed up to running temp. Its weird, olny does it when its warm, not when its cod. It also sometimes lags a lil when driving low rpms when i give it gas, but once it downshifts it runs good again. also cat converter reaks of rotten eggs (which I've herd means engines running rich). I have many suspicions on what it may be. my biggest is a vacuum leak. I'm thinking maybe i screwed up on something when i did the intake job.

I stopped by my local auto shop to get some more wisdom on the matter.They said it may also be the throttle body is unable to completely close due to junk clogging it. thus the tbps throws more gas in thinking my foots still on the gas a lil causing it to run rich. i cleaned the TB opening and tomorrow ill see if it helps. Another thought is my exhaust may also be plugged as i believe my cat converter is no good; however, I've herd if that was the case you would see the symptoms at higher rpms not lower ... Any other thoughts on what it may be????

thanks guys
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Figure anything out yet?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Launching!

If your cat is clogged you'll typically hear a metal on metal clanking sound while your car is running. There are multiple ways to fix it and all of them are pretty easy.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Teching In

I have a Problem with my 94 where it would only idle rough when it warmed up. I noticed the cat was bad so I gutted it. Didn't change anything. Still an on going problem. Let me know if you figure it out.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Teching In

It was the throttle body after all, car runs like a champ now! disconnect your negative cable on the battery (this resets the computer) take off the air intake system and spray away at the throttle body with some TB cleaner. use a tooth brush and clean all around the valve area till its nice a shiny!

Quick Reply: Lt1 Running rich