LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help get my car to start

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brake lines r not the best for grounding. Try again and use the intake

Did u check the wires and connectors for tightness on the pass fenderwell?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I had a female pin on the opti end of the extension harness get pushed in too far, harness probed fine because the multimeter probes are longer than the male pins on the opti.
Ok, this is so far the issue or ONE of the issues. The harness that plugs into the opti is fine, but the two harnesses for the opti/pcm that plug in together are not mating right. If you probe the very ends (where it plugs into the opti and where the black connector plugs into the PCM) you won't get continuity unless you wiggle the two harnesses that are plugged in to each other.... if I plug the PCM back in and probe the very end of the harness (opti) I don't get 12v unless I wiggle the two harnesses. And even then it's somewhat intermittent.

However I grounded a plug on the intake and had my friend look and wiggle the harness while I cranked.... still no spark though. And yes I double checked that everything needed for spark was plugged back in.... ICM/coil/spark plug wires to the opti/PCM etc.

Also it still does not explain the gauge issue, which is again still all effed up (and I have two different gauge clusters).

Quick Reply: Help get my car to start