LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PCMforless???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hvyss
Bryan did my OBDI conversion in 2001 for my Impala. Great work and a great guy. So I decided after 12 years, 4 motors later and re flashing the PCM many many times I would give him business again and get another OBDI conversion PCM but blank. I already have several tunes I use for N/A and nitrous. So I called and Bryan did not answer. So who ever I talked to was rude and basically told me to f$$k myself and they would not do a conversion without tuning it. I'm still paying the same price but I guess they don't want my business. And like I said it was not Bryan but who ever it was was a real *****!!!Sorry Bryan but that was just wrong. So I feel your pain and don't understand what has happened over there but it's not good business practice. and I also see no one from PCMFORLESS has been on this thread to defend themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You probably already know this, but if you just swap your knock sensor for one from an OBD1 LT1 you can plug the OBD1 PCM right up without having to have anything special done.

I've been wondering about that last thing you said too. The silence from them is deafening.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:22 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
You probably already know this, but if you just swap your knock sensor for one from an OBD1 LT1 you can plug the OBD1 PCM right up without having to have anything special done.

I've been wondering about that last thing you said too. The silence from them is deafening.
Easier than that, you don't have to do a damn thing other than shut off the knock sensor code(s), the knock sendors still function normally. Been proven over and over by several tuners. No issues at all.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Easier than that, you don't have to do a damn thing other than shut off the knock sensor code(s), the knock sendors still function normally. Been proven over and over by several tuners. No issues at all.
So if I am running a speed density tune with knock sensors turned off and O2's turned off I can use a OBDI computer and it will work fine.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hvyss
So if I am running a speed density tune with knock sensors turned off and O2's turned off I can use a OBDI computer and it will work fine.
Of course. It won't run any faster, but no problem doing it. I don't understand why anybody would choose to do that.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Of course. It won't run any faster, but no problem doing it. I don't understand why anybody would choose to do that.
Ed I'm running speed density open loop with knock sensors and O2's turned off. The car runs fine and do very little street driving. And is tuned for VP C16. Can't complain it runs consistent 9.9's at 4200lbs with it setup this way and still running a opti. Thanks for the tip
On the OBDI computer. Now my Impala was originally a OBDII car. So I should be able to drop my tune in a known OBDI PCM and be fine. I am basically looking for a backup just In case the one in the car dies.

Last edited by hvyss; 07-31-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Quick Reply: PCMforless???