LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

yep...another pcv evac question...lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yep...another pcv evac question...lol

Ok guys...countless hours reading post from up to 7 years ago...head is spinning..lol. I'd appreciate any advice on what I plan on doing.

Here's my plan, tell me if I'm doing it right. I have a 94 383 Vortech/aftercooled, maf is on the blow side near throttle body. I plan on leaving the stock pcv valve (driver side intake) intact. On the tube from passenger valve cover to throttle body, I plan on running a hose from that valve cover fitting to an oil/air separator (Husky from home depot #401910) and from the separator to the intake/suck side of the Vortech intake pipe. I will also plug the hole on the throttle body that was connected to the tube from passenger side valve cover.

I know not the most efficient setup, but hoping it would work for the time being to relieve some crankcase pressure under boost. another question i was wondering about, since it is maf metered air and not running a speed density tune, would the tube running from the passenger side valve cover >> separator >> blower intake suck side tubing matter since the air was already "measured", I would be re-introducing metered air back in front of the maf, would that really affect anything (if that makes sense)?

appreciate it guys...thanks!!

Last edited by jeepbeast; 06-11-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I understand correctly, you are wanting to install an oil seperator on the draw line. The separator should go between the PCV and the inlet to the front of the intake but maybe that is different on a boosted application.

You can get a cheap little plastic filter at any parts house that drops into the passenger side valve cover and attaches to the hose that will prevent oil from coming through that draw line.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I'm trying to do is lower the crankcase pressure, so when I'm in boost, I won't be blowing out my seals on the lower end. My thoughts after reading older posts was that when I am in boost and the pcv closes (driver side intake), I could evac the lower end using the intake side of the supercharger for suction while attached to passenger side valve cover. The air/oil collector would be used to catch any oil/fluids that happens to slip by since I don't want to reintroduce it back into the intake stream. Everything I have read so far leads me to believe that boosted is a bit different that n/a. I could do an exhaust evac kit but I was hoping to avoid that..

Quick Reply: yep...another pcv evac question...lol