LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 intake question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default lt1 intake question

Hey fellas I have a quick question. Will an intake from a 95 lt1 bolt up to my 1994 Chevy tbi 350? I plan on converting but not sure if the intake will bolt right up. Thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No it will not without a lot of work.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
No it will not without a lot of work.
Well I do realize that i will also need an opti-spark distributor, lt1 wire harness and ecm but will the intake physically bolt up and mate with the block and heads correctly?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7beast
Well I do realize that i will also need an opti-spark distributor, lt1 wire harness and ecm but will the intake physically bolt up and mate with the block and heads correctly?
Not even close...

The LT1 is its own block, you can't run an Opti on any other small block chevy. The timing cover will not work among other things....

Simple answer, what you want to do is not going to work, just get an LT1 because that's the only way it will work.

The LT1 intake doesn't have coolant passages, a distributor hole, a thermostat housing or the right bolt pattern for any other SBC heads. No it is not worth making the LT1 heads work on your motor either.

You would be a lot better off getting a TPI setup, that will bolt right up and function correctly with way less work. If this is for a truck (i'm assuming) a TPI unit is good for some low end torque.

Last edited by 93M6Formula; 06-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
Not even close...

The LT1 is its own block, you can't run an Opti on any other small block chevy. The timing cover will not work among other things....

Simple answer, what you want to do is not going to work, just get an LT1 because that's the only way it will work.

The LT1 intake doesn't have coolant passages, a distributor hole, a thermostat housing or the right bolt pattern for any other SBC heads. No it is not worth making the LT1 heads work on your motor either.

You would be a lot better off getting a TPI setup, that will bolt right up and function correctly with way less work. If this is for a truck (i'm assuming) a TPI unit is good for some low end torque.
Ok I see. Thanks for all your help bud I will save myself the headache and find me a complete.block. thanks a lot

Quick Reply: lt1 intake question