LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 caprice icm coil problems, i think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 caprice icm coil problems, i think?

Ok so cars been missing bad,having hard time starting.. when i push on coil I can hear it making zzzzzkkzz electric.noises.. I investigated the wireing, looks suspicious.. I have a link with 5 pics that show exactly what I'm talking about.. now you have 2 connectors, 1 with a pink wire, the other with pink/blk, and a white/blk with a white wire spliced into it.. now the white wire that's spliced in goes around firewall through door into the bottom driver side door with a green wire capped to it... Does that go anywhere? Maybe I kicked a wire out? Just making sure, looks suspect! Thanks everyone.. ( http://postimg.org/gallery/6ehaxwdw/ ) just did cap an rotor yesterday didn't do full opti yet, kinda broke.. I'm trying lol thnx
Old 07-13-2013, 07:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Remove that wire and tap at the coil plug. Someone probably tapped that on there for a tach or something.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
Remove that wire and tap at the coil plug. Someone probably tapped that on there for a tach or something.
Ok will do.. I noticed there's arcing marks on my coil.. now could that be from my coil or that wire? And what kind of problems could come from a arc mark like that? Thanks - jack

Quick Reply: 94 caprice icm coil problems, i think?