LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help needed with understanding my Datamaster scan

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

2500ish is a point where rod knocks are often very bad.
Oiling can take out bearings but so can crappy tuning with too much advance and too little fuel which is something Herter has done a bunch of times.

Exhaust leaks not only screwup fueling but they can possibly cause false knock.

The whole build looks fairly poorly thought out and you rather knowledgeable so for the most part the knowledgeable guys are going to look at what you have done and it is going to be easy to assume the shortblock was done just as badly as everything else.

Not what you want to hear but frankly guys top 300rwhp with bolton cars.

I sincerely hope you find something simple and would suggest you check the springs as well since with aftermarket cams springs become a maintenance item.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys knew which timing or fuel table to check to see if there is excess or not enough what would it be? I have the current setup scanned in TunerCat so that would be where I'd look. Can rod knock also be too much side clearance to the crank/other rod as well right? I've never had low oil psi issues or run shitty oil. It's been Mobil one 10w or 5w 30 full synthetic. Is it possible the oil is too lightweight, assuming I do have a bearing problem? I also wonder if my rocker arms and or lifters are just poor quality. Lifters are sealed power stock OEM replacements and rocker arms are non self aligning 1.6 aluminum from eBay. Please don't cringe when you guys read this. I had limited funds (hospital bills)when I built this and limited time(my daughter was about to be born, hence the bills). So I simply could not afford at that time the name brand parts. The engine was taken apart to repair a blown head gasket and just evolved into a bigger project from there. I'm still going to check the lash and poly locks. I really do appreciate everyone's help and opinions on this. It's great to have a resource like this site.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Launching!

I think these links should work, first is the DataMaster scan from last Tuesday:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%207.30.13.uni
This one should be the current setup in the car via TunerCat:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%207.30.13.bin
Please let me know if these links worked and if anyone can check them out for something strange. Thanks

Quick Reply: Help needed with understanding my Datamaster scan